Woodlands Community Gardens, Big Lunch for Jo Cox, Sunday, 18 June, 2017
Woodlands Community Garden’s
Sunday 18th June, 2017
12.30 – 2.30 pm
Bring a vegetarian dish and/or cakes to share
Enjoy a midsummer feast in the beautiful surroundings of Woodlands Community Garden.
Celebrate the diversity of our community with food from around the globe.
Our big lunch is part of the Great Get Together, one of over 111,000 community events taking place across the UK to mark the first anniversary of the murder of Jo Cox MP.
“We are far more united and have far more in common than that which divides us.” (Jo Cox first speech to Parliament)
Its also part of Glasgow West End Festival.
Free event, though donations on the day welcomed.
We look forward to seeing you then.
Our Big Lunch is followed by our monthly Don’t Waste Woodlands Community Clean Up from 2-4pm, so stick around for that if you can.
91-111 West Princes Street,
Glasgow G4 9BY
- Volunteer Led Bike Ride
- West End Festival 2021
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Woodlands Community Climate Change Summit
- Woodlands Community Pop Up Cafe on the Terrace
- Women of Woodlands Support Group
- Wellbeing Walks Woodlands Community Glasgow
- Slow Nature Walk, Woodlands Community
- Composting and food waste reduction workshop
- Little Garden Baby Group – Woodlands Community
- Woodlands Anti Racist Community Library Launch
- Woodlands Climate Action 2021 Coffee Chats – COP26 and Local Climate Action
- Slow Nature – Woodlands Community Booklet Launch
- Introduction to Birding With Scott Rogers (V)
- Introductions to birding in Glasgow – with Scott Rogers Part IV(Nature Recovery)
- Zero Waste Sunday Social – fast fashion and textile waste
- Winter Art Club for Kids – Paper Bag Portraits
- Being Together: Book Free Outdoor Space – Woodlands Community Garden
- Reimagining Our Economy – Screening Woodlands Community