Ten Writers Telling Lies, West End Festival 2017, Waterstones Byres Road, Thursday 8 June, 2017
Waterstones Bookshop, 351 – 355 Byres Road, Glasgow G12 8AU
Thursday 8 June, 7.00 p.m. – 9.30 p.m.
Ten Writers Telling Lies is a unique collaboration between some of Glasgow’s most talented writers and the musician Jim Byrne. In prose and poetry the writers have captured the story of a song they have co-written.
Come along to Waterstones Byes Road on Thursday 8 June, 2017and enjoy an evening of poetry, prose and song.
What’s being said about Ten Writers Telling Lies
“An unusual and original mix of song, story and poems, Ten Writers Telling Lies is a creative treat for the mind and soul. You can trust my opinion on this. I’m a writer. Now, I wouldn’t lie, would I?”
“Yet further proof, were it needed, of the ongoing vibrancy of Glasgow literature. The stories sing and soar, and these are definitely writers to watch. You read them here first, folks!”
‘The collection looks great btw. I especially like the Gray-esque illustrations.’ Alan Bissett.
“Writers never tell the whole truth, even when they tell the whole story. Ten Writers Telling Lies twins tall tales with tall tunes. This inspired and inspiring collaborative project reminds us of the longstanding two-way traffic between music and the muse. Songwriters have always been engaged in literature. Writers have always been moved by song. What better duet can you get than the perfect harmony of songs and stories, lyrics and poetry, memory and melody?” Willy Maley
‘Now if anyone had told me I’d enjoy spoken word/poetry/prose I’d have said a big ‘no chance’…but I found myself being drawn into each section and really enjoying it. I guess I never really entertained the idea of listening rather than reading, but why not? Especially when it’s the writers themselves delivering their work. It was enlightening and inspiring.’ Dave Arcai, Blues Musician
You can buy the book and cd at Waterstones Byres Road and Hyndland Book Shop
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Pat's Home Page Blog, Ten Writers Telling Lies, West End Festival 2017, West End Festival Glasgow, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Monos ay GFT
- The King, GFT
- Non-Fiction, GFT
- SQIFF 2019 Black History Month: Calalai: In Betweenness + shorts
- Chinese Visual Festival CCA
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop
- Mòd 2019 Gaelic Film Screenings: A taste of BBC Alba – Na Millenni-Gaels CCA
- French Film Festival GFT 2019
- The Irishman GFT
- Lost Lives plus Q & A
- Malcolm X 35 mm GFT
- Halloween at GFT 2019
- Preview: Pink Wall with Q & A
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2019 Glasgow
- Glasgow Wood Recycling, October Sale
- Hitsville The Making of Motown Black History Month Glasgow
- Branagh Theatre Live – A Winter’s Tale GFT
- Cinemasters at GFT: Quentin Tarantino
- Cancer Support Scotland Christmas Fayre 2019