Ten Writers Telling Lies, West End Festival 2017, Waterstones Byres Road, Thursday 8 June, 2017
Waterstones Bookshop, 351 – 355 Byres Road, Glasgow G12 8AU
Thursday 8 June, 7.00 p.m. – 9.30 p.m.
Ten Writers Telling Lies is a unique collaboration between some of Glasgow’s most talented writers and the musician Jim Byrne. In prose and poetry the writers have captured the story of a song they have co-written.
Come along to Waterstones Byes Road on Thursday 8 June, 2017and enjoy an evening of poetry, prose and song.
What’s being said about Ten Writers Telling Lies
“An unusual and original mix of song, story and poems, Ten Writers Telling Lies is a creative treat for the mind and soul. You can trust my opinion on this. I’m a writer. Now, I wouldn’t lie, would I?”
“Yet further proof, were it needed, of the ongoing vibrancy of Glasgow literature. The stories sing and soar, and these are definitely writers to watch. You read them here first, folks!”
‘The collection looks great btw. I especially like the Gray-esque illustrations.’ Alan Bissett.
“Writers never tell the whole truth, even when they tell the whole story. Ten Writers Telling Lies twins tall tales with tall tunes. This inspired and inspiring collaborative project reminds us of the longstanding two-way traffic between music and the muse. Songwriters have always been engaged in literature. Writers have always been moved by song. What better duet can you get than the perfect harmony of songs and stories, lyrics and poetry, memory and melody?” Willy Maley
‘Now if anyone had told me I’d enjoy spoken word/poetry/prose I’d have said a big ‘no chance’…but I found myself being drawn into each section and really enjoying it. I guess I never really entertained the idea of listening rather than reading, but why not? Especially when it’s the writers themselves delivering their work. It was enlightening and inspiring.’ Dave Arcai, Blues Musician
You can buy the book and cd at Waterstones Byres Road and Hyndland Book Shop
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Pat's Home Page Blog, Ten Writers Telling Lies, West End Festival 2017, West End Festival Glasgow, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Cancer Support Scotland Christmas Fayre 2019
- One Night at The Disco, Riverside Museum
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- A Lad in Maryhill, Pantomime, Maryhill 2019
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Hitsville The Making of Motown Black History Month Glasgow
- Scotland Loves Anime 10 Anniversary at GFT
- American Woman GFT
- Judy GFT
- 48 Hours Film Project Part 1 GFT
- Her Century: Scottish Women on Film GFT