Woodlands Community Garden News
BIKE TRIP TO POSSIL MARSH
This Saturday (25th May), meet at the garden at 1.30pm
Possil Marsh is a wild bird sanctuary consisting of marshland swamp and fen around a shallow freshwater lake. 150 different bird species have visited the marsh, 30 of which breed there now. If we are lucky we might see reed bunting, willow warbler and sedge warbler; not to mention unusual plant-life including orchids, ragged robin, and marsh cinquefoil. Meet at Woodlands Community Garden at 1.30pm or join the route at Maryhill Shopping Centre at 2pm.
WILLING HANDS SCULPTURE SHOW
Saturday 1st June 3-7pm
Join us at the garden and in our new gap site for a relaxing afternoon of sculpture, music, food and performance, with contributions by students from the Glasgow School of Art. Poster attached, please circulate. If you can’t make it on the Saturday then pop down on Sunday 2nd June from 12-2 for another chance to view the sculpture installations. After Sunday’s exhibition, why not carry on with the entertainment by wandering along to the Gibson Street gala.
WOODLANDS BIG BIO-DIVERSITY BASH
Sunday 9th June 12-4pm
with a wee break for a Garden Meeting at 2pm
Plants! Plants! Plants! Join us on Sunday 9th for a brilliant big and bright session of wild-flower planting – in the garden, in the back lane and at our new gap site. Family friendly fun that will brighten up your day as well as promote bio-diversity. We’ll be taking a short break at 2pm for a garden meeting to help with final arrangements for our big summer spectacular taking place the following weekend….
ONCE UPON TODAY AND BIG LUNCH
Sunday 16th June 11am-4pm
Come explore and celebrate the local flora, fauna, culture and history with us at Woodlands Community Garden where there will be a rich tapestry of tales and poetry weaved by local residents and environmental storytellers. As part of The Glasgow Science Festival and West–end Festival, this free family event will share the story of the garden, some green-fingered crafting tricks and ideas for living more sustainably. Round the corner in Millenium Park on Ashley Street there will be a community BIG LUNCH – a chance for you to cook a dish and share food with your neighbours and friends as well as join in other indoor foody happenings at the Albany Centre. More details coming soon. Once upon Today is a collaboration with Glasgow University’s Environmental Sustainable Team. Big Lunch is a collaboration with Flourish House and GCVS Albany Centre.
This section: Woodlands Community Garden
Filed under: Woodlands Community Garden
- Being Together: Book Free Outdoor Space – Woodlands Community Garden
- Reimagining Our Economy – Screening Woodlands Community
- Breathe Better: Beginners Breathing Workshop
- Fly your flag in Woodlands!
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- To Meat or Not to Meat – Climate Action
- Woodlands Community Family Cycling Bike Seat and Trailer Taster
- A Very Quiet Street – exploring Glasgow’s history with Zoe Strachan and Louise Welsh
- Celebrating Ten Years of Woodlands Community Garden
- Vegan Cookery Workshop
- Art in Nature: Make a Mandala
- Sleep Workshops Woodlands Community
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community
- Creative Pollination: Exploration and Creative Writing Woodlands Community
- Black Lives Matter – Anti-Racism Community Reflection on Zoom
- A Celebration of Birds: Sharing stories, memories and hope
- Woodlands Community – Wildlife Friendly Front Gardens
- Woodlands Community Neighbourhood Food Service