WOODLANDS COMMUNITY GARDEN NEWS AND EVENTS
SUPER SUNDAY SKILL SWAP – THIS SUNDAY 21st July
Join us for a fun and interactive event this Sunday 21st July at 2pm.
We’ll be testing out ideas for a future skills exchange network and piloting a limited edition alternative Woodlands currency.
Everyone has something they are good at or enjoy doing, so come along and see what skills you can swap with.
Bring a picnic lunch to share if you can.
BUGS, BUTTERFLIES AND WILDFLOWERS
FAMILY EXPLORATION DAYS 9/10 AUGUST
Our new bio-diverse worker will be joining us on 5th August, and we are already have plans for more activities to help you reconnect to nature. On Friday 9th August (11-1) there will be a butterfly walk in Garscadden Woods near Drumchapel, meeting at the garden at 10.15 and traveling there by bus. Then on Saturday 10th August there will be a wildflower planting afternoon (2-4) in Kelvingrove Park. Details of both events, held jointly with BugLife are on the attached flyer. For other Bio-diverse events keep checking our events updates on our website.
BEGINNERS COMPOSTING TALK
SUNDAY 11th AUGUST 2-3pm
Two thirds of what we throw out can actually be composted. Find out how you can make some ‘black magic’ for your garden – using household waste and without costing you a penny!
Following the erection of our workspace information sign at our new gap site, we’ve had a number of enquiries about the progress of our plans. To help answer these queries we’ve prepared an updated newsletter with more information and this is attached.
HARVEST – THREE WEEKS OF WALKS, TALKS AND ACTIVITIES
7th – 29th SEPTEMBER
Our Harvest celebrations will take a slightly different format this year. Rather than just one big event – we are going to have 3 weeks of activities! Our programme themes will vary from exploring the land, celebrating the commons and investigating the science behind our green spaces. This will be culminating with a community harvest celebration event on Sunday 29th September. We’ll update you next month with more details.
NEW PROJECT COMING SOON – LOCAL FOOD AND SOCIAL SUPPORT HUBS
In the autumn we will be launching a new local food initiative designed to help reduce social isolation and tackle issues around food poverty. This innovative and exciting partnership project (made possible by Big Lottery Support and Connect fund), will will see us running local food and social support hubs at a range of community venues, extending our programme of free cookery classes and providing more volunteering opportunities and training. We’ll get back to you in a wee while with more information.
This section: Woodlands Community Garden
Filed under: Woodlands Community Garden
- Being Together: Book Free Outdoor Space – Woodlands Community Garden
- Reimagining Our Economy – Screening Woodlands Community
- Breathe Better: Beginners Breathing Workshop
- Fly your flag in Woodlands!
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- To Meat or Not to Meat – Climate Action
- Woodlands Community Family Cycling Bike Seat and Trailer Taster
- A Very Quiet Street – exploring Glasgow’s history with Zoe Strachan and Louise Welsh
- Celebrating Ten Years of Woodlands Community Garden
- Vegan Cookery Workshop
- Art in Nature: Make a Mandala
- Sleep Workshops Woodlands Community
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community
- Creative Pollination: Exploration and Creative Writing Woodlands Community
- Black Lives Matter – Anti-Racism Community Reflection on Zoom
- A Celebration of Birds: Sharing stories, memories and hope
- Woodlands Community – Wildlife Friendly Front Gardens
- Woodlands Community Neighbourhood Food Service