Women’s Suffrage in Glasgow, An Afternoon of Talks
Tuesday 4th December, 208, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Come along to find out about the Glasgow and West of Scotland Association for Women’s Suffrage, Glasgow Lady Artists, trade unionist and suffragette Jessie Stephen, as well as the collections of Glasgow Museums and the Glasgow Women’s Library.
Speakers and audience alike will use first hand accounts to describe the daring protests by suffragettes in St Andrews Hall, where the library now stands.
Please call 0141 287 2999 or visit Granville Street reception to sign up.
The Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Books at the Botanics, Christmas 2019
- Are We In A Book – book launch The Dram
- I Am A Rohinga Creative Conversations
- Karen Campbell: Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Christmas Shopping at Thistle Books Glasgow West End
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- The Great Hack Screening and Discussion CCA
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids
- Mary Irvine’s blog: West Dunbartonshire Book Week November 2019
- Making Her Mark Launch Event
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Book Week Scotland 2019: Kerry Hudson
- The Big Talk, Men and Mental Health at The Ice Box
- Book launch: The Light Acknowledgers by Gerry Cambridge
- Telling Invents Told Lis Rhodes
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Mary Irvine: Book Week Scotland 2029 – Events in West Dunbartonshire