Women’s Suffrage in Glasgow, An Afternoon of Talks
Tuesday 4th December, 208, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Come along to find out about the Glasgow and West of Scotland Association for Women’s Suffrage, Glasgow Lady Artists, trade unionist and suffragette Jessie Stephen, as well as the collections of Glasgow Museums and the Glasgow Women’s Library.
Speakers and audience alike will use first hand accounts to describe the daring protests by suffragettes in St Andrews Hall, where the library now stands.
Please call 0141 287 2999 or visit Granville Street reception to sign up.
The Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Review – The Way Home by Robin Scott-Elliot
- Raw Poetry at Scottish Writers Centre
- The Rhynie Station: Grunnit Spring by Ian R. Mitchell
- Bloody Scotland 2022 McIlvanney Prize Long List
- Pitch Perfect at Bloody Scotland 2022
- Glasgow Literary Lounge at the Scotia Bar
- Scottish Writers: The Glass Cat by George Colkitto – Book Launch
- Book launch: ‘Meantime’ by Frankie Boyle
- The Glasgow Effect: Online Talk with Ellie Harrison
- The Feeling Sonnets – Carcanet Book Launch
- Scottish Writers Centre: Playwriting Workshop
- Sma’ Shot Day 2022
- The Voyage Out: The Travel Writing Workshop with Linda Jackson
- Stories of Our Worlds – Refugee Festival 2022
- Scottish Writers: Bloomsday Celebration with Christie Williamson
- Film + Q&A: Zev Robinson’s “Feeding the City”
- The Wanderlust Women – three poems
- Book Launch: This Script by Jenny Lindsay
- Creative Conversations: Michael Pederson