Women’s Suffrage in Glasgow, An Afternoon of Talks
Tuesday 4th December, 208, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Come along to find out about the Glasgow and West of Scotland Association for Women’s Suffrage, Glasgow Lady Artists, trade unionist and suffragette Jessie Stephen, as well as the collections of Glasgow Museums and the Glasgow Women’s Library.
Speakers and audience alike will use first hand accounts to describe the daring protests by suffragettes in St Andrews Hall, where the library now stands.
Please call 0141 287 2999 or visit Granville Street reception to sign up.
The Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- Talks, The Hunterian, Black History Month 2021
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Publishing Scotland Fiction Showcase
- Folk Wi’ The Patter – Shaun Moore
- Black History Month, Being A Black Woman in Society Today
- Denise Mina, Creative Conversations
- Nature Stories with Emily Dodd, The Children’s Wood
- Scottish Ensemble Common Sound at Cottiers
- Tanna Slamma Ding Dong, Tannahill Arts Festival
- The Children’s Wood – Nicola Davies with Readings and Screening
- Atlantic Slavery Glasgow ‘Hidden in Plain Sight’
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Dora Wright
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival