Women’s Suffrage in Glasgow, An Afternoon of Talks
Tuesday 4th December, 208, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Come along to find out about the Glasgow and West of Scotland Association for Women’s Suffrage, Glasgow Lady Artists, trade unionist and suffragette Jessie Stephen, as well as the collections of Glasgow Museums and the Glasgow Women’s Library.
Speakers and audience alike will use first hand accounts to describe the daring protests by suffragettes in St Andrews Hall, where the library now stands.
Please call 0141 287 2999 or visit Granville Street reception to sign up.
The Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Andrew Painting & Jim Crumley: #Wee Nature Fest
- Mongrel: Donna Campbell debut poetry collection
- Rymour Books: Cultivating the Literary Arts
- International Mother Language Day 21 February 2021
- Glesga Banter: Celebration of Weegie Culture
- How Poets See The World – Paisley Book Festival Online 2021
- New Patterns for Paisley, Paisley Book Festival
- In Conversation with Dean Atta and gainAgain
- Breaking Boundaries: Main Reading Vahni Capildeo and Mark Waldron
- Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson review of the launch by Pat Byrne
- New Poetries VIII – Online Launches
- What It Means To Overcome – Paisley Film Festival
- Book Launch: The Stone in My Pocket by Matthew Keeley
- Creative Conversations: Scarlett Thomas
- The World I Fell Out Of – Melanie Reid
- Crossways Literary Festival 2021 – Online
- Vivian French and The Giant’s Tea Party
- Online Book Launch: Ruth Thomas: The Snow and the Works on the Northern Line
- Multi-talented and Versatile – Laura Turnbull Fyfe
- Balloch Open Mic – One From The Archives