Women Writers: Maria Marchinadu, Tracy Patrick and Eloise Oui
Tuesday, 26 May, 2020 7.30 p.m. – 10.30 p.m.
CHEEKY BESOM PRODUCTIONS: ’Artists with Attitude’
Presents Glasgow Literary Lounge, Calton Bar, 415 London Rd, G40 1AG
A Monthly (4th Tuesday) East End Showcase of Literary Arts & Culture
La poesía in acción universal por la paz
@Calton Bar Glasgow
Three Women Writers: Maria Marchidanu, Tracy Patrick & Eloise Oui
You are cordially invited to an evening of three women writers at Glasgow Literary Lounge in partnership of the maya del 2020, La poesía in acción universal por la paz.
Maria Marchidanu is a Scottish Literature PhD candidate, researching the artistic and philosophical dialogue between Scotland and Europe in the nineteenth century. Her research focuses on the dialogue between Scottish Literature, Enlightenment and the European development of Existentialism. Marchidanu will discuss the existentialists ideas revealed in women’s novels. and read the opening chapter of one of the primary texts of Mary Brunton (nee Balfour) (1778-1818). In March 2018, Marchidanu was project coordinator and editor of the creative writing anthology ‘You Don’t Look British’.
Paisley poet and novelist, Tracy Patrick will be reading from her novel ‘Blushing is for Sinners’, (Clochoderick Press 2019), commended by the Saltire First Book of the Year Award.
Eloise Oui is a poet and visual performance artist from Leeds. She has exhibited in numerous venues in the UK.
OPEN MIC – CALLING ALL CREATIVES
Following Marchidanu’s presentation there will be an Open Mic – Speakeasy Style!
Celebrating La poesía in acción universal por la paz, and Scotland’s remarkable coasts and waters. Water is the life-blood of our green and pleasant country, it’s what makes the landscape so special. Bring your poems, stories, art, films, myths, songs and legends to share, it’s open to interpretation. Whatever sparks your imagination, anything goes! Each artist will be given a 5-7 minute slot to be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Slot times will be shared on the night.
Cheeky Besom Productions: ‘Artists with Attitude’: poet, Derek J Brown, poet, writer, and critic, Jim Ferguson, artist, Louise Malone, writer/performer, Maria Marchidanu, flâneuse, Ruby McCann, and Musicians in Residence, Jaded Lilies: (Jeantte Hill, Hugh Stewart and Carol Jamnejad). A Glasgow based artist collective. The group devise concepts, split all running costs, and collaborate to create: sharing knowledge, making and creating, for the love of literature, art, and music. They champion artistic and cultural experiences that enrich people’s lives.
This is a FREE Event for All
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Community event, Free Events
- ‘the lactic acid in the calves of your despair’ poetry collection by Ali Whitelock
- New Collection of Poems: Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson
- The Clearing: A memoir of art, family and mental health by Samantha Clark
- The Siren Awakes – memoir by Linda Jackson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- ‘Doors tae Naewye’ poetry by Christie Williamson
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party Postponed
- Keeping Time novel by Thomas Legendre
- Much Left Unsaid by Finola Scott – poetry
- Freddy Anderson, Afternoon of Literature, Poetry and Song
- Women Writers: Maria Marchinadu, Tracy Patrick and Eloise Oui
- Neu Reekie at Aye Write
- Aye Write: Andrew Greig and Chris Agee
- Glasgow Window Art Festival – High Street and Saltmarket
- Christie Williamson – Doors tae Naewye Launch at Express Yourself
- Remember Tom Leonard, CCA
- Ali Whitelock and Skye Loneragan – Scottish Writers Centre
- Aye Write: Ferlie Leed – The Rhymer on his Hoalidays
- Literary Legends Book Stall – International Women’s Week
- Books at the Botanics