Glasgow Short Film Festival 2020: My First Film
Wednesday 18 March, 2020 at 8.30 p.m.
The 13th edition of Glasgow Short Film Festival (one of US magazine Moviemaker’s 25 Coolest Film Festivals in the World) opens with the Scottish premiere of a unique live expanded cinema performance. My First Film, devised and performed by US filmmaker Zia Anger, tells the story of her first, ‘abandoned’ feature film, whilst mirroring the fragmented, multi-app experience of being connected to the world in the modern age.
Anger creates the screening live from her laptop, sitting within the audience, narrating and annotating via live typing, YouTube clips and Instagram stories sent straight to the audience’s own smartphones. My First Film is at once a film screening, theatre experience, confessional, meditation on failure, and a funny and moving essay on the place of the female filmmaker in the modern industry.
My First Film is supported by Film Hub Scotland, part of the BFI’s Film Audience Network, and funded by Screen Scotland and Lottery funding from the BFI.
For the full Glasgow Short Film Festival programme visit glasgowshort.org
GFT, 12 Rose Street, Glasgow G3 6RB
- West End Festival 2021
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Siobhan Miller at Websters Theatre
- Bill W and Dr Bob, Websters Theatre
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- A Christmas Carol- A Hauntingly Hilarious Family Panto!
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Riverside Festival x Turn The Tables