Glasgow Short Film Festival 2020: My First Film
Wednesday 18 March, 2020 at 8.30 p.m.
The 13th edition of Glasgow Short Film Festival (one of US magazine Moviemaker’s 25 Coolest Film Festivals in the World) opens with the Scottish premiere of a unique live expanded cinema performance. My First Film, devised and performed by US filmmaker Zia Anger, tells the story of her first, ‘abandoned’ feature film, whilst mirroring the fragmented, multi-app experience of being connected to the world in the modern age.
Anger creates the screening live from her laptop, sitting within the audience, narrating and annotating via live typing, YouTube clips and Instagram stories sent straight to the audience’s own smartphones. My First Film is at once a film screening, theatre experience, confessional, meditation on failure, and a funny and moving essay on the place of the female filmmaker in the modern industry.
My First Film is supported by Film Hub Scotland, part of the BFI’s Film Audience Network, and funded by Screen Scotland and Lottery funding from the BFI.
For the full Glasgow Short Film Festival programme visit glasgowshort.org
GFT, 12 Rose Street, Glasgow G3 6RB
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- People’s Palace 124th Birthday Celebration
- Glasgow National Park City AGM
- Spotlight on Stress- free online masterclass
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: A New Kid On The Block
- Beyond Form Creative Writing Courses
- Glasgow Film Festival 2022 – More Events Announced
- Carlton Jug Band at The Clutha
- Report Launch – Tackling Food Poverty
- Sense Scotland Christmas Concert Online
- Calton Ceilidh Open Mic 14 December, 2021
- Hope GFT
- No Radio Silence – launch of film by Unity Sisters
- Roma Night at The Rum Shack
- Hugh Reed and the Velvet Underpants, Carlton Studios
- A Christmas Carol- A Hauntingly Hilarious Family Panto!
- Be Bop Bairns Christmas Party
- The Bishop’s Wife, GFT
- Lamb GFT