Glasgow Short Film Festival 2020: My First Film
Wednesday 18 March, 2020 at 8.30 p.m.
The 13th edition of Glasgow Short Film Festival (one of US magazine Moviemaker’s 25 Coolest Film Festivals in the World) opens with the Scottish premiere of a unique live expanded cinema performance. My First Film, devised and performed by US filmmaker Zia Anger, tells the story of her first, ‘abandoned’ feature film, whilst mirroring the fragmented, multi-app experience of being connected to the world in the modern age.
Anger creates the screening live from her laptop, sitting within the audience, narrating and annotating via live typing, YouTube clips and Instagram stories sent straight to the audience’s own smartphones. My First Film is at once a film screening, theatre experience, confessional, meditation on failure, and a funny and moving essay on the place of the female filmmaker in the modern industry.
My First Film is supported by Film Hub Scotland, part of the BFI’s Film Audience Network, and funded by Screen Scotland and Lottery funding from the BFI.
For the full Glasgow Short Film Festival programme visit glasgowshort.org
GFT, 12 Rose Street, Glasgow G3 6RB
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Glasgow Museum’s Resource Centre: Glasgow’ Smallest Doors
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- To Meat or Not to Meat – Climate Action
- Stories from the Briggait – Glasgow Doors Open Day
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- Big Wednesday Night Quiz QMU
- Window Works by Sean Ellcombe RGI Glasgow
- Hip Hop to Opera via Negro Spirituals
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- September Programme at G.FT.
- John Byrne at 80 – Glasgow Print Studio
- Fury by David Morley – Carcanet Press Online Book Launch