Glasgow Short Film Festival 2020: My First Film
Wednesday 18 March, 2020 at 8.30 p.m.
The 13th edition of Glasgow Short Film Festival (one of US magazine Moviemaker’s 25 Coolest Film Festivals in the World) opens with the Scottish premiere of a unique live expanded cinema performance. My First Film, devised and performed by US filmmaker Zia Anger, tells the story of her first, ‘abandoned’ feature film, whilst mirroring the fragmented, multi-app experience of being connected to the world in the modern age.
Anger creates the screening live from her laptop, sitting within the audience, narrating and annotating via live typing, YouTube clips and Instagram stories sent straight to the audience’s own smartphones. My First Film is at once a film screening, theatre experience, confessional, meditation on failure, and a funny and moving essay on the place of the female filmmaker in the modern industry.
My First Film is supported by Film Hub Scotland, part of the BFI’s Film Audience Network, and funded by Screen Scotland and Lottery funding from the BFI.
For the full Glasgow Short Film Festival programme visit glasgowshort.org
GFT, 12 Rose Street, Glasgow G3 6RB
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Scenes for Survival Courier Culture
- G20 Festival Safe Play for Children Under 11
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- Joan of Arc Glasgow Film Theatre – Virtual Cinema
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community