‘We are the 56’ by Josh Bircham and Grant Costello at Freight Books
We are the 56 by Josh Bircham and Grant Costello
‘The 56 are fantastic. I loved the group in the Scottish Parliament between 2007 and 2011 because they were so loyal under the most extraordinary circumstances and they would go through fire to maintain the government. In terms of talent, raw political talent, and breadth of ability, this is an extraordinary group and a deep reservoir of skilled politicians.’ Alex Salmond
After the Scottish National Party’s historic clean sweep in the 2015 General Election, destroying Scottish Labour and the Liberal Democrats North of the Border, this is a timely and in-depth examination of each one of the 56 individuals, many from outwith the political establishment, who now represent the vast majority of Scotland at the Westminster Parliament.
Who are they? Where have they come from and what has been their journey into politics? What motivates them? Who or what inspires them? What is their vision for Scotland’s future?
We are the 56 is a timely record of the seismic changes in Scottish politics and a fascinating insight into the compelling human stories behind the political headlines.
Published: 5th November 2015
Format: Hardback with jacket, 216x138mm
ISBN Code: 978-1-910449-51-6
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Book Festival – Govanhill International Festival 2021
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Govanhill International Festival 2021
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Bloody Scotland – Crime Debut of the Year 2021
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Three Lockdown Poets at Avant Garde
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.