Voices Nationwide, Spoken Word Workshops, Paisley
23 and 24 November, 2017
The Roundhouse and Create Paisley present Voices Nationwide Spoken Word Workshops for young people ages 12-25.
Come along to the workshops (at Methodist Central Halls, 2 Gauze Street, PA1 1EP) for an introduction to spoken word and a chance to express your thoughts, feelings, concerns, wishes or whatever you want through spoken word.
Dinner will be provided both days.
Performance at Blend Coffee Lounge, Friday 24 November, 2017
Following on from the workshops on Thursday 23rd and Friday 24th, there will be an opportunity to perform your spoken word on Friday 24th evening at Blend Coffee Lounge on Causeyside Street (doors open at 7.30pm) for an 8pm start.
Voices Nationwide is a partnership between the Roundhouse and Nationwide Building Society, which sets out to discover the stories of people across the UK and share them through spoken word.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Creative Conversations: Robert Alan Jamieson – Shetlandic Poet and Translator
- Sloot – it’s Oot!!! – Book Launch with Ian Macpherson
- Glasgow’s Welcome University of Glasgow
- Bearing Witness: the state of journalism and press freedom across the globe
- James McCune Smith Memorial Lecture Black History Month 2019 University of Glasgow
- Black Abolitionists in Scotland, Black History Month 2019
- PURGATORY Dante’s Divine Trilogy Part Two by Alasdair Gray
- Creative Conversations Sara Sheridan
- Professor J. Edward Chamberlin National Poetry Day University of Glasgow