Voices Nationwide, Spoken Word Workshops, Paisley
23 and 24 November, 2017
The Roundhouse and Create Paisley present Voices Nationwide Spoken Word Workshops for young people ages 12-25.
Come along to the workshops (at Methodist Central Halls, 2 Gauze Street, PA1 1EP) for an introduction to spoken word and a chance to express your thoughts, feelings, concerns, wishes or whatever you want through spoken word.
Dinner will be provided both days.
Performance at Blend Coffee Lounge, Friday 24 November, 2017
Following on from the workshops on Thursday 23rd and Friday 24th, there will be an opportunity to perform your spoken word on Friday 24th evening at Blend Coffee Lounge on Causeyside Street (doors open at 7.30pm) for an 8pm start.
Voices Nationwide is a partnership between the Roundhouse and Nationwide Building Society, which sets out to discover the stories of people across the UK and share them through spoken word.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown
- Creative Conversations Zoom Event Will Harris
- A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A DANCING ANIMAL poem by Brian Whittingham
- Creative Conversations – Dean Atta Virtual Format Monday 20 April, 2020
- Future Stories – Scottish Book Trust
- ‘the lactic acid in the calves of your despair’ poetry collection by Ali Whitelock
- New Collection of Poems: Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson
- The Clearing: A memoir of art, family and mental health by Samantha Clark
- The Siren Awakes – memoir by Linda Jackson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis