Poet Nuar Alsadir, Creative Conversations
Monday 20 November, 2017
1 – 2 PM
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Free & Open to the Public
Nuar Alsadir is a poet, writer, and psychoanalyst
She is the author of the poetry collections Fourth Person Singular (2017), shortlisted for the 2017 Forward Prize for Best Collection; and More Shadow Than Bird (Salt Publishing, 2012).
Her poems and essays have appeared in numerous publications, including Granta, The New York Times Magazine, Slate, Grand Street, the Kenyon Review, Ploughshares, tender, Magma, Poetry London, and the Poetry Review.
Alsadir is on the faculty at New York University, and she works as a psychotherapist and psychoanalyst in a private practice in New York.
Books by featured authors will be for sale in John Smiths bookshop.
- Country Funk Fridays – Reopening Tennent’s Bar Basement
- Moments of Resistance by Femspectives
- Iberodocs Lisbon Beat CCA
- Glasgow Film Festival: Master Cheng
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Heroic Losers
- Bacurau, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Take 2: Spies in Disguise, GFT
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 at CCA
- Dardishi Festival at CCA
- Alasdair Gray: A Life in Progress GFT
- Parasite GFT
- National Library of Scotland Kelvin Hall – World Thinking Day
- Love Sarah, Glasgow Film Festival
- The Public, GFT
- Little Joe, GFT
- Greed GFT
- Lost Transmissions, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- The Whistlers, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- The IASSIDD Exhibition ProjectAbility
- New Works Festival at Websters Theatre