Twenty six writers required for Winter Charity Exhibition
Twenty-six Writers Required
Deadline: 21 May 2015 at 08:00
Looking for 26 writers to be part of a winter charity exhibition of artefacts at the Museum of Childhood in Edinburgh, which will run from early October 2015 to the end of March 2016.
Each writer will be assigned an object and asked to write a sestude – 62 words, 26 words in reflection – about the piece they are assigned. As well as appearing in the museum itself, the sestudes produced and the objects will be available to view online on a 26 advent calendar from 1 – 26 December 2015.
You will also be asked to write a short piece about your experience (approximately 300 -500 words for our blog/FB page). The exhibition will raise money for local children’s charity It’s Good 2 Give.
You need to be a member of the collective, 26, to take part, though we will happily accept applications from non-members on the understanding that they will join the collective if they are successful. Membership is £26 annually and entitles you to a monthly newsletter, the chance to take part in projects such as this and early/discounted tickets to events including 26’s Wordstock Festival. “26 is a great way to boost your writing CV and we are a lively community with lots of opportunities to get involved.”
For this exhibition, you can write your sestude in English, Scots or Gaelic. If you write in Gaelic, you double your work – you need to provide an English translation!
Recruitment is taking place early for what isl essentially a Christmas exhibition, but the lead in times are quite long for print and website design. If your application is successful, you will need to deliver your sestude and your blog/FB piece during June and July 2015, respectively.
Please apply to take part by emailing Sara Sheridan, with your name, contact details (address, email and phone number), any social media details (twitter, facebook, linkedin) and explaining what kind of writer you are. 26 is committed to having a spread of writing talent on this project so poets and novelists will be exhibited alongside screenwriters, journalists and commercial copywriters. They also need to know in what language you’d like to write your piece – as they need to balance that as well.
You can find out more about 26 at www.26.org.uk and of course you might want to join quite separately from this particular project.
Looking forward to receiving your application.
Location: All Scotland
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Seahorse Saturday
- From Glasgow To Saturn Fall Launch
- Remembering Alasdair Gray / Paradise
- Deep Dive Workshops Stay at Home Literary Festival
- Black History Month: Scots and Early British Colonialism in Asia
- International Day of the Girl Child
- Rose Ruane, Creative Conversations
- A.E. Stallings at Creative Conversations
- CRER Lunchtime Talks – Black History Month
- Creative Conversations:Roseanne Watt
- Hey – That’s Mine – Museums and Black History Month Glasgow
- In Focus: 16 Years: Gigs in Scotland 1974 – 1990 Online Book Launch
- Creative Conversations: Homi K Bhabha
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- Fury by David Morley – Carcanet Press Online Book Launch
- The History of Scottish Pen – Online
- Creative Conversations: Jemma Neville
- Creative Conversations: Nicholson Baker