Three Leaps of the Gazelle, Playwrights Studio
By Jack Dickson – Rehearsed Reading
17 January, 2019
Email email@example.com to reserve your seat.
‘That’s why we do this job, Jo-Jo. That’s why we’re here. To help people. Cos if we’re not helping, what the fuck are we doing?” (Lance Corporal Christine McGuire)
In an increasingly uncertain world, opinions polarise. We cling to who we are. We stick with our tribe. We label. We judge. We hunker down. We protect.
Because we’re right – right?’
Set in present-day Afghanistan, Three Leaps of the Gazelle sees two bored soldiers and one upwardly-mobile local change each other’s lives for ever.
Directed by Alison Peebles
Performed by Karen Bartke, Maryam Hamidi, Louise McCarthy.
Playwrights’ Studio, Scotland are supporting Jack as part of their Professional Workshop Programme.
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
- CLIC Sargent – World Book Day Fundraiser
- The Knitting Station by Kirsti Wishart – book launch
- Creative Conversations Don Paterson
- How Poets See The World – Paisley Book Festival 2021 review by Pat Byrne
- Andrew Painting & Jim Crumley: #Wee Nature Fest
- Mongrel: Donna Campbell debut poetry collection
- Rymour Books: Cultivating the Literary Arts
- International Mother Language Day 21 February 2021
- Glesga Banter: Celebration of Weegie Culture
- How Poets See The World – Paisley Book Festival Online 2021
- New Patterns for Paisley, Paisley Book Festival
- In Conversation with Dean Atta and gainAgain
- Breaking Boundaries: Main Reading Vahni Capildeo and Mark Waldron
- Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson review of the launch by Pat Byrne
- New Poetries VIII – Online Launches
- What It Means To Overcome – Paisley Film Festival
- Book Launch: The Stone in My Pocket by Matthew Keeley
- Creative Conversations: Scarlett Thomas
- The World I Fell Out Of – Melanie Reid
- Crossways Literary Festival 2021 – Online