Three Leaps of the Gazelle, Playwrights Studio
By Jack Dickson – Rehearsed Reading
17 January, 2019
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your seat.
‘That’s why we do this job, Jo-Jo. That’s why we’re here. To help people. Cos if we’re not helping, what the fuck are we doing?” (Lance Corporal Christine McGuire)
In an increasingly uncertain world, opinions polarise. We cling to who we are. We stick with our tribe. We label. We judge. We hunker down. We protect.
Because we’re right – right?’
Set in present-day Afghanistan, Three Leaps of the Gazelle sees two bored soldiers and one upwardly-mobile local change each other’s lives for ever.
Directed by Alison Peebles
Performed by Karen Bartke, Maryam Hamidi, Louise McCarthy.
Playwrights’ Studio, Scotland are supporting Jack as part of their Professional Workshop Programme.
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Branagh Theatre Live – A Winter’s Tale GFT
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- A Lad in Maryhill, Pantomime, Maryhill 2019
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- The Monster and Mary Shelley, Paisley Arts Centre
- Story – Party True Dating Stories, Cottiers
- Fright Night at Websters Theatre
- The Cooncil, Websters Theatre
- Creative Conversations: Robert Alan Jamieson – Shetlandic Poet and Translator
- The Drift at The Tron