My Life In London, ProjectAbility
12 January – 27 February, 2019
ProjectAbility is delighted to be hosting My Life in London by ActionSpace artists Thompson Hall and Ian Wornast as their first exhibition of 2019!
My Life in London is the culmination of a year of creative explorations by ActionSpace artists Thompson Hall and Ian Wornast, funded by an Unlimited Emerging Artist Commission.
Over 2017, Hall and Wornast spent time visiting landmarks, museums and galleries and researching the history of London. Bringing a wealth of information and inspiration back to the studio, they created a collection of paintings and drawings reflecting on their personal experiences of living in and moving around London in the 21st century.
Ian Wornast’s drawings detail the busy public transport system and the rapidly changing cityscape. He uses maps and the colours, graphic design and symbols as references to create patterns. The result is a detailed and colourful mapping of London as Ian experiences it.
Thompson Hall’s spontaneous and bright paintings blend his West African family ancestry and the great cultural institutions in London that inspire him and his work. His paintings are a portrait of his personal history and the architecture and landmarks that are important to him.
“This was a surprising and playful look at the geography and geometry of London, developed as a visual landscape… a welcome addition to the Unlimited catalogue that was both refreshing and light hearted whilst asking the audience to look at depictions of London in a very different way.” 509 arts, independent artistic assessment for Unlimited
12 January – 27 February
Reception and artist talk: 07 February, 20196pm-8pm
ProjectAbility, 105 Trongate, Glasgow G1 5HD
- The Greatest Hits, Mental Health Fundraiser
- The Big Talk, Men and Mental Health at The Ice Box
- Befriending Food Experience Celebrate St Andrew’s Day
- Glasgow Hospitals Christmas Concert 2019 Royal Concert Hall
- Book launch: The Light Acknowledgers by Gerry Cambridge
- Telling Invents Told Lis Rhodes
- Winter Fine Art and Antiques Auction, Great Western Auction
- Wine Tasting at The Lansdowne – Mother India’s Cafe
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Artists Moving Image Festival The Tramway
- The Lying King – Glasgow Christmas 2019
- First a Girl, GFT
- Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool GFT
- 2040 at GFT
- Pity Party Film Club I Shot Andy Warhol CCA
- Queer Classics & Matchbox Cineclub City of Lost Souls CCA
- Alan Ereira ALUNA – screening and talk CCA
- Cooking Pot Biting the Hand that Feeds, CCA
- UK Jewish Film Festival 2019 at GFT Glasgow