My Life In London, ProjectAbility
12 January – 27 February, 2019
ProjectAbility is delighted to be hosting My Life in London by ActionSpace artists Thompson Hall and Ian Wornast as their first exhibition of 2019!
My Life in London is the culmination of a year of creative explorations by ActionSpace artists Thompson Hall and Ian Wornast, funded by an Unlimited Emerging Artist Commission.
Over 2017, Hall and Wornast spent time visiting landmarks, museums and galleries and researching the history of London. Bringing a wealth of information and inspiration back to the studio, they created a collection of paintings and drawings reflecting on their personal experiences of living in and moving around London in the 21st century.
Ian Wornast’s drawings detail the busy public transport system and the rapidly changing cityscape. He uses maps and the colours, graphic design and symbols as references to create patterns. The result is a detailed and colourful mapping of London as Ian experiences it.
Thompson Hall’s spontaneous and bright paintings blend his West African family ancestry and the great cultural institutions in London that inspire him and his work. His paintings are a portrait of his personal history and the architecture and landmarks that are important to him.
“This was a surprising and playful look at the geography and geometry of London, developed as a visual landscape… a welcome addition to the Unlimited catalogue that was both refreshing and light hearted whilst asking the audience to look at depictions of London in a very different way.” 509 arts, independent artistic assessment for Unlimited
12 January – 27 February
Reception and artist talk: 07 February, 20196pm-8pm
ProjectAbility, 105 Trongate, Glasgow G1 5HD
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Sammy’s Lockdown #5
- Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham at Cottiers
- Lockdown Video – Mic Clark
- Scottish Writers Showcase 2 Creative Conversations
- Calypso Windrush Caribbean Film Festival
- SHA Virtual Kiltwalk Weekend 2020
- La Belle et la Bête – Open Air Screening
- Scottish Writers Creative Conversation Showcase
- Smokehead Sessions: Dave Arcari – full concert livestream
- Vegan Cookery Workshop
- Art in Nature: Make a Mandala
- Researching Scotland’s Mountain Women: National Library of Scotland
- Blues ‘n’ Twos with Dave Arcari
- Sonnet Youth Social Club #2
- Helen Rose Outdoors: Victoria Park August 2020
- Sleep Workshops Woodlands Community
- Book Launch: New Shoots Old Roots (2)
- Duglus T Stewart – Dreaded Light Composer
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers