Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
Waterstones Byres Road
Friday 21 September, 2018, 7.30 p.m.
The Glasgow launch of Helen Lamb’s first and only novel, Three Kinds of Kissing, published by Vagabond, will be Friday, 21st September at Waterstone’s, Byres Road, Glasgow at 7.30pm
Helen, an award-winning short story writer and poet died suddenly, unexpectedly and prematurely in spring 2017 just after finishing writing this novel.
Please join us at 7.30pm on Friday to celebrate the launch, where as well as reading extracts from this crafted and insightful story, Helen’s partner, Chris Powici and Magi Gibson will discuss Helen’s work, her wit and perfectionism, and her writing processes.
Refreshments will be served.
Waterstones, 351-355 Byres Rd, Glasgow G12 8AU
‘Three Kinds of Kissing’ Now available for pre-orders! At Vagabond Voices.
“Helen Lamb’s writing has the quiet beauty of a summer’s day, the kind where you realise the birds have stopped singing and the air is thick with tension. Psychologically insightful and emotionally sensitive, with moments of sharp humour that nip you playfully when you least expect it, this book is a delight. Three Kinds of Kissing has a missing girl, a house full of clocks, a granny who keeps her treacle scones in the strangest place – and so much more, all rumbling behind closed small-town doors. A coming-of-age classic.” – Magi Gibson
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown
- Creative Conversations Zoom Event Will Harris
- A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A DANCING ANIMAL poem by Brian Whittingham
- Creative Conversations – Dean Atta Virtual Format Monday 20 April, 2020
- Future Stories – Scottish Book Trust
- ‘the lactic acid in the calves of your despair’ poetry collection by Ali Whitelock
- New Collection of Poems: Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson
- The Clearing: A memoir of art, family and mental health by Samantha Clark
- The Siren Awakes – memoir by Linda Jackson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis