Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
Waterstones Byres Road
Friday 21 September, 2018, 7.30 p.m.
The Glasgow launch of Helen Lamb’s first and only novel, Three Kinds of Kissing, published by Vagabond, will be Friday, 21st September at Waterstone’s, Byres Road, Glasgow at 7.30pm
Helen, an award-winning short story writer and poet died suddenly, unexpectedly and prematurely in spring 2017 just after finishing writing this novel.
Please join us at 7.30pm on Friday to celebrate the launch, where as well as reading extracts from this crafted and insightful story, Helen’s partner, Chris Powici and Magi Gibson will discuss Helen’s work, her wit and perfectionism, and her writing processes.
Refreshments will be served.
Waterstones, 351-355 Byres Rd, Glasgow G12 8AU
‘Three Kinds of Kissing’ Now available for pre-orders! At Vagabond Voices.
“Helen Lamb’s writing has the quiet beauty of a summer’s day, the kind where you realise the birds have stopped singing and the air is thick with tension. Psychologically insightful and emotionally sensitive, with moments of sharp humour that nip you playfully when you least expect it, this book is a delight. Three Kinds of Kissing has a missing girl, a house full of clocks, a granny who keeps her treacle scones in the strangest place – and so much more, all rumbling behind closed small-town doors. A coming-of-age classic.” – Magi Gibson
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Creative Conversations: Robert Alan Jamieson – Shetlandic Poet and Translator
- Sloot – it’s Oot!!! – Book Launch with Ian Macpherson
- Glasgow’s Welcome University of Glasgow
- Bearing Witness: the state of journalism and press freedom across the globe
- James McCune Smith Memorial Lecture Black History Month 2019 University of Glasgow
- Black Abolitionists in Scotland, Black History Month 2019
- PURGATORY Dante’s Divine Trilogy Part Two by Alasdair Gray
- Creative Conversations Sara Sheridan
- Professor J. Edward Chamberlin National Poetry Day University of Glasgow
- Poets Tony Walsh and Stephen James Smith at Cottiers
- LUX Scotland presents: where did we land Fi Dem 1 and 11