Susan Calman, Aye Write Glasgow
3 September, 2018
The Mitchell Theatre, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DR
Comedian and broadcaster Susan Calman brings all the joy to Aye Write! this September with her new book, Sunny Side Up.
It’s a quick-stepping welcome back for Susan Calman who danced her way across our screens and into our hearts for 10 weeks on Strictly Come Dancing, but how did this ability to find joy change her life?
Susan Calman’s enthusiasm at being on Strictly was an inspiration to all of us. Cheer Up Love, Susan’s first book, had a clear aim: to help people understand depression. Her new book Sunny Side Up has a similarly clear path: to persuade people to be kinder to each other and spread more joy.
These are extremely difficult and confusing times – people are cross and shouty. It’s exhausting! So, her mission is simple. To get the nation to join her in not being negative. To bring back joy, kindness and community, to find that joy in the little things in life and defeat the hate and fear.
This is her Calmanifesto of Happiness – bring on the joy!
‘Be kind to yourself – read this book, keep it on your bedside table or on your Kindle – even Kindle has the word kind in it’ Sandi Toksvig
9141 353 8000
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Creative Conversations: Robert Alan Jamieson – Shetlandic Poet and Translator
- Sloot – it’s Oot!!! – Book Launch with Ian Macpherson
- Glasgow’s Welcome University of Glasgow
- Bearing Witness: the state of journalism and press freedom across the globe
- James McCune Smith Memorial Lecture Black History Month 2019 University of Glasgow
- Black Abolitionists in Scotland, Black History Month 2019
- PURGATORY Dante’s Divine Trilogy Part Two by Alasdair Gray
- Creative Conversations Sara Sheridan
- Professor J. Edward Chamberlin National Poetry Day University of Glasgow