Stuart MacBride, Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
CRIME WRITER STUART MACBRIDE
7 January 2019 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Free & Open to the Public
Stuart MacBride was born in Dumbarton near Glasgow but grew up in Aberdeen. He is the bestselling author of several novels featuring Detective Sergeant Logan McRae and set in the “Granite City” of Aberdeen. The Blood Road is the twelfth book in the series. He has been shortlisted for the Theakstons Old Peculiar Crime Novel of the Year Award twice. Stuart won the 2007 CWA Dagger in the Library, awarded for a body of work that has long been popular with borrowers from libraries, and was named Best Breakthrough Author at the 2008 ITV Crime Thriller Awards. Outside of his writing, Macbride is noted for being one of the initial ten batch of people in the Aberdeen Hall of Heroes and being crowned World Stovies Champion in 2014. He also won Celebrity Mastermind in 2017 with a specialist subject on the life and works of A. A. Milne.
As part of the on-going Creative Conversation speaker series crime writer Stuart MacBride comes to campus to chat about his writing. Bring your lunch and burning questions!
Sponsored by the Ferguson Bequest and programmed by Creative Writing at University of Glasgow.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Scottish Writers Christmas Speakeasy 2021
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Interview with Evelyn Lawrie
- Book launch: Like A Tree Walking by Vahni Capildeo
- Community Ownership – Assets or Liabilities Online Discussion
- Creative Conversations: Apphia Campbell
- Book Launch: Wild Women Of A Certain Age, Magi Gibson
- Poetry and the Climate Crisis: Scotland and India
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- GWL – Walking Tour with Denise Mina
- Book Week Scotland: Writing Trumpet with Jackie Kay
- Book Week Scotland – Built Upon the Rock SWC
- COP26: A Radical Act of Love, Arborescence
- Calton Ceilidh anthology by Ruby McCann
- COP26: Towards Net Zero – speakers and discussion
- Climate Emergency Newsroom, University of Glasgow
- Samantha Walton Creative Conversations
- Ann McLaren at Balloch Open Mic 1 November, 2021
- Creative Conversations: Frances Poet
- Landscapes Without Figures, The American South West by Ian R. Mitchell
- Scottish Poetry Library: Launch Poetry London 100th edition