Stuart MacBride, Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
CRIME WRITER STUART MACBRIDE
7 January 2019 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Free & Open to the Public
Stuart MacBride was born in Dumbarton near Glasgow but grew up in Aberdeen. He is the bestselling author of several novels featuring Detective Sergeant Logan McRae and set in the “Granite City” of Aberdeen. The Blood Road is the twelfth book in the series. He has been shortlisted for the Theakstons Old Peculiar Crime Novel of the Year Award twice. Stuart won the 2007 CWA Dagger in the Library, awarded for a body of work that has long been popular with borrowers from libraries, and was named Best Breakthrough Author at the 2008 ITV Crime Thriller Awards. Outside of his writing, Macbride is noted for being one of the initial ten batch of people in the Aberdeen Hall of Heroes and being crowned World Stovies Champion in 2014. He also won Celebrity Mastermind in 2017 with a specialist subject on the life and works of A. A. Milne.
As part of the on-going Creative Conversation speaker series crime writer Stuart MacBride comes to campus to chat about his writing. Bring your lunch and burning questions!
Sponsored by the Ferguson Bequest and programmed by Creative Writing at University of Glasgow.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Creative Conversations: Robert Alan Jamieson – Shetlandic Poet and Translator
- Sloot – it’s Oot!!! – Book Launch with Ian Macpherson
- Glasgow’s Welcome University of Glasgow
- Bearing Witness: the state of journalism and press freedom across the globe
- James McCune Smith Memorial Lecture Black History Month 2019 University of Glasgow
- Black Abolitionists in Scotland, Black History Month 2019
- PURGATORY Dante’s Divine Trilogy Part Two by Alasdair Gray
- Creative Conversations Sara Sheridan
- Professor J. Edward Chamberlin National Poetry Day University of Glasgow