Scottish Writers’ Centre: ‘In Process’ Masterclass with Janice Galloway, CCA 12 May
Tuesday 12 May, 2015
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
Janice Galloway is one of the UK’s most versatile and gifted writers. She has authored novels, short stories, and non-fiction; Janice also regularly collaborates with visual artists and musicians, to produce syncretist pieces (her latest offering is a collection of poems for Calum Colvin’s Sacred and Profane series).
Her work has garnered national and international fellowships and awards; Janice has served as writer in residence to four Scottish Prisons, a Research Fellow at the British Library, and most recently as a Resident Fellow for the University of Otago in New Zealand. This year sees the publication of a new book of short stories (Jellyfish, from Freight Publishing), and the republication of The Trick is to Keep Breathing (her first book), as a Vintage Classic. She is presently working on a novel set in Naples, and a fresh translation of The Magic Flute.
Janice lives in Lanarkshire with her family, and a very full library – including the entire works of Muriel Spark!
Tickets: £6 (£3 for concessions). Free to SWC members.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Creative Conversations: Robert Alan Jamieson – Shetlandic Poet and Translator
- Sloot – it’s Oot!!! – Book Launch with Ian Macpherson
- Glasgow’s Welcome University of Glasgow
- Bearing Witness: the state of journalism and press freedom across the globe
- James McCune Smith Memorial Lecture Black History Month 2019 University of Glasgow
- Black Abolitionists in Scotland, Black History Month 2019
- PURGATORY Dante’s Divine Trilogy Part Two by Alasdair Gray
- Creative Conversations Sara Sheridan
- Professor J. Edward Chamberlin National Poetry Day University of Glasgow