Scottish Writers’ Centre: ‘In Process’ Masterclass with Janice Galloway, CCA 12 May
Tuesday 12 May, 2015
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
Janice Galloway is one of the UK’s most versatile and gifted writers. She has authored novels, short stories, and non-fiction; Janice also regularly collaborates with visual artists and musicians, to produce syncretist pieces (her latest offering is a collection of poems for Calum Colvin’s Sacred and Profane series).
Her work has garnered national and international fellowships and awards; Janice has served as writer in residence to four Scottish Prisons, a Research Fellow at the British Library, and most recently as a Resident Fellow for the University of Otago in New Zealand. This year sees the publication of a new book of short stories (Jellyfish, from Freight Publishing), and the republication of The Trick is to Keep Breathing (her first book), as a Vintage Classic. She is presently working on a novel set in Naples, and a fresh translation of The Magic Flute.
Janice lives in Lanarkshire with her family, and a very full library – including the entire works of Muriel Spark!
Tickets: £6 (£3 for concessions). Free to SWC members.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Create & Connect Showcase. Glasgow Women’s Library
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown
- Creative Conversations Zoom Event Will Harris
- A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A DANCING ANIMAL poem by Brian Whittingham
- Creative Conversations – Dean Atta Virtual Format Monday 20 April, 2020
- Future Stories – Scottish Book Trust
- ‘the lactic acid in the calves of your despair’ poetry collection by Ali Whitelock
- New Collection of Poems: Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson
- The Clearing: A memoir of art, family and mental health by Samantha Clark
- The Siren Awakes – memoir by Linda Jackson