Scottish Writers’ Centre: ‘In Process’ Masterclass with Janice Galloway, CCA 12 May
Tuesday 12 May, 2015
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
Janice Galloway is one of the UK’s most versatile and gifted writers. She has authored novels, short stories, and non-fiction; Janice also regularly collaborates with visual artists and musicians, to produce syncretist pieces (her latest offering is a collection of poems for Calum Colvin’s Sacred and Profane series).
Her work has garnered national and international fellowships and awards; Janice has served as writer in residence to four Scottish Prisons, a Research Fellow at the British Library, and most recently as a Resident Fellow for the University of Otago in New Zealand. This year sees the publication of a new book of short stories (Jellyfish, from Freight Publishing), and the republication of The Trick is to Keep Breathing (her first book), as a Vintage Classic. She is presently working on a novel set in Naples, and a fresh translation of The Magic Flute.
Janice lives in Lanarkshire with her family, and a very full library – including the entire works of Muriel Spark!
Tickets: £6 (£3 for concessions). Free to SWC members.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: A New Kid On The Block
- Calton Ceilidh Open Mic 14 December, 2021
- Scottish Writers Christmas Speakeasy 2021
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Interview with Evelyn Lawrie
- Book launch: Like A Tree Walking by Vahni Capildeo
- Community Ownership – Assets or Liabilities Online Discussion
- Creative Conversations: Apphia Campbell
- Book Launch: Wild Women Of A Certain Age, Magi Gibson
- Poetry and the Climate Crisis: Scotland and India
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- GWL – Walking Tour with Denise Mina
- Book Week Scotland: Writing Trumpet with Jackie Kay
- Book Week Scotland – Built Upon the Rock SWC
- COP26: A Radical Act of Love, Arborescence
- Calton Ceilidh anthology by Ruby McCann
- COP26: Towards Net Zero – speakers and discussion
- Climate Emergency Newsroom, University of Glasgow
- Samantha Walton Creative Conversations