Scottish Writers’ Centre: ‘In Process’ Masterclass with Janice Galloway, CCA 12 May
Tuesday 12 May, 2015
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
Janice Galloway is one of the UK’s most versatile and gifted writers. She has authored novels, short stories, and non-fiction; Janice also regularly collaborates with visual artists and musicians, to produce syncretist pieces (her latest offering is a collection of poems for Calum Colvin’s Sacred and Profane series).
Her work has garnered national and international fellowships and awards; Janice has served as writer in residence to four Scottish Prisons, a Research Fellow at the British Library, and most recently as a Resident Fellow for the University of Otago in New Zealand. This year sees the publication of a new book of short stories (Jellyfish, from Freight Publishing), and the republication of The Trick is to Keep Breathing (her first book), as a Vintage Classic. She is presently working on a novel set in Naples, and a fresh translation of The Magic Flute.
Janice lives in Lanarkshire with her family, and a very full library – including the entire works of Muriel Spark!
Tickets: £6 (£3 for concessions). Free to SWC members.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Book Festival – Govanhill International Festival 2021
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Govanhill International Festival 2021
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Bloody Scotland – Crime Debut of the Year 2021
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Three Lockdown Poets at Avant Garde
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.