Scottish Writers’ Centre: ‘In Process’ Masterclass with Anne Donovan Tue 5 August 2014 CCA
Scottish Writers’ Centre:
‘In Process’ Masterclass with Anne Donovan
Tue 5 August 2014
Anne Donovan is the author of the short-story collection Hieroglyphics and the novels Buddha Da, Being Emily and Gone Are The Leaves, all published by Canongate. Her short story ‘All That Glisters’ won the Macallan/Scotland on Sunday Short Story Competition and her stories have also appeared in various anthologies, including Glasgow Women’s Library’s 21 Revolutions.
Buddha Da was shortlisted for the Orange Prize, the Whitbread First Novel Award and the Scottish Book of the Year Award, and was nominated for the International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award. It received a Scottish Arts Council Award and won the Le Prince Maurice Award in Mauritius in 2004.
Much of her work is set in Glasgow and uses Glaswegian voices. Her most recent novel, Gone Are The Leaves, is set in mediaeval times and is written mainly in a different form of Scots.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Book Festival – Govanhill International Festival 2021
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Govanhill International Festival 2021
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Bloody Scotland – Crime Debut of the Year 2021
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Three Lockdown Poets at Avant Garde
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.