Scottish Writers Centre, Day of the Dead
Tuesday, 6 November, 2018 – 7 p.m.
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
Dove Tales will be celebrating the Mexican Day of the Dead by honouring the courage of conscientious objectors.
Larry Butler will be talking to Robin Lloyd-Jones about his own experience during the time of the Vietnam War, when he helped many people escape to Paris.
We will also be honouring the late Lee Gershuny, a poet and playwright who was a conscientious objector to war her whole life.
Poetry and readings will be followed by an open mic. If you would like to read please email email@example.com to book your slot.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Talks, The Hunterian, Black History Month 2021
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Publishing Scotland Fiction Showcase
- Folk Wi’ The Patter – Shaun Moore
- Black History Month, Being A Black Woman in Society Today
- Denise Mina, Creative Conversations
- Nature Stories with Emily Dodd, The Children’s Wood
- Scottish Ensemble Common Sound at Cottiers
- Tanna Slamma Ding Dong, Tannahill Arts Festival
- The Children’s Wood – Nicola Davies with Readings and Screening
- Atlantic Slavery Glasgow ‘Hidden in Plain Sight’
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Dora Wright
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose