Stuart Paterson, blogging from Grez sur Loing: Science fiction poetry
Techni-quarks – what are they? Where did they come from? Where are they going? Do they even exist? Is the God Particle aware of them? The answers to all of these questions can be found below by my guest blogger Techni-Quark Googolplex 23b56x000. Unfortunately, since it`s a techni-quark, which can exist at any given point in time or space & is roughly the same size, in theory, as nothing, its responses may not appear until 2043 or round about the time of the Eocene, in writing so small that you`d need a Higg Boson Capacitor Lens to read it. In the meantime, here`s a poem by me, about them, right here, right now, in France.
THE COMING OF THE TECHNI-QUARKS
I`m by the river chucking bread at
Grunting ducks, when suddenly a panicked breeze
Disturbs the shrubs & on the water there`s
A brief & blinding sunless spark,
Blisters of ripples, feathers on the Loing.
The Techni-Quarks have landed in a whirl
600 trillion trillion trillion strong, their song inaudible
To all but cats & alcoholics.
They`ve flown the coop at CERN, escaped
Domestic violence, spiritual concerns,
Are heading, my friend has told me,
For the sun-kissed shores of a southern lake,
Bali, Australia, The Maldives maybe,
Where they won`t be shunted, battered, kept
Like lab experiments, can spread their
Tiny, non-existent wings, form colonies
A billion trillion googolplexes strong,
Swim the lost soft currents of liberty.
Meanwhile, they`ve slightly lost their way
And settled instead on a French duck who,
Quite rightly, cares nothing for such things,
Looks for bread, finds only shimmering
Eternity where yesterday`s baguette should be,
Brays her crazed displeasure down the universe`s
Open microphone. Such are ducks.
In the language of Techni-Quark
There`s no such concept as `Get to fuck`.
This section: Poetry, Stuart Paterson: Writer's Blog
- Poetry by Jim Doolan
- National Poetry Day 2019 – Glasgow Poets
- Poetry at Inn Deep
- Poetry: Lahore, I am coming by Rizwan Akhtar
- The Last Leaf – a poem for Autumn by Catriona Malan
- Leela Soma: ‘Vermillion’ a poem for Autumn
- Home Grown In Glasgow – a poem for International Women’s Day by Ruby McCann
- Silence a poem inspired by snow by Leela Soma
- Valentine Haiku by Leela Soma
- Out of Sight by Ciara MacLaverty: a poem about love.
- Poetry by Mr Henry Bell
- Two Cities – a poem by Leela Soma
- Spoken Word Events in Glasgow
- Poetry by Stephen Watt
- Things I`ve Learned In France, Stuart Paterson
- Ayah a poem by Leela Soma
- Stuart Paterson, blogging from Grez sur Loing: Science fiction poetry
- Stuart Paterson, blogging from Grez sur Loing: Tuned In.
- Happy birthday Mr. Stevenson
- It all began late last year – Stuart Paterson blogging from Grez sur Loing