Rodge Glass, Literary Lunchtimes, Bar Gandolfi, 28 Feb, 2015
28 February, 1 p.m.
Bar Gandolfi, 64 Albion St, G1 1NY
Rodge Glass is a former Keith Wright Literary Fellow and subsequently taught Creative Writing at Strathclyde for several years. He is currently Senior Lecturer in Creative Writing at Edge Hill University, Lancashire. It is hoped that many of Rodge’s former colleagues and students will turn out for what promises to be a memorable reading.
The previous three series of “Literary Lunchtimes” have cumulatively proved a resounding success, with an average of 50 staff, students and general public gathering in this very convivial setting for poetry and prose, lunch, drinks, chat and craic. “Literary Lunchtimes” is now a well-known feature of the Glasgow literary scene.
The Irish poet Alan Gillis, now teaching at the University of Edinburgh, will read on 11 March.
This is Chris Agee’s last term as the Keith Wright Literary Fellow and he will end the spring series of readings on 25 March.
The series is sponsored by the School of Humanities, University of Strathclyde.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown
- Creative Conversations Zoom Event Will Harris
- A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A DANCING ANIMAL poem by Brian Whittingham
- Creative Conversations – Dean Atta Virtual Format Monday 20 April, 2020
- Future Stories – Scottish Book Trust
- ‘the lactic acid in the calves of your despair’ poetry collection by Ali Whitelock
- New Collection of Poems: Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson
- The Clearing: A memoir of art, family and mental health by Samantha Clark
- The Siren Awakes – memoir by Linda Jackson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis