Robin Lloyd-Jones ‘A life in books’ Helensburgh Library
Wednesday 29th May, 2019 7 p.m.
An Evening with local author… Robin Lloyd-Jones
A life in Books’ at the Helensburgh Library
Since June 2018 a group of friends have gathered once a week in the Helensburgh Library to encourage and support each other in their writing. It is not a club so has no membership as such. It also means there are no rules or regulations beyond what is common understanding and empathy. Each of the writers favours a particular genre and learn from each other. Writers are encouraged to bring along drafts, ideas for discussion and positive critiquing. This often leads to a more in-depth discussion of what is good writing and how work can be improved. Support and encouragement is strengthened by the regular production of booklets. In collaboration with the library six monthly meetings have been arranged when the public are invited to spend time with a local author who will chat about their life and work.
The first author is Robin Lloyd-Jones.
Helensburgh Library 51 W King St, Helensburgh G84 8EB
- Paisley Book Festival 2021 – Online
- Creative Conversations: Oyinkan Braithwaite
- Multi-talented and Versatile – Laura Turnbull Fyfe
- Balloch Open Mic – Vale Lad ‘Done Good’ – again
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: The Eve of Destruction – again?
- Balloch House Hotel Open Mic (in abeyance)
- Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson review of the launch by Pat Byrne
- Rymour Books: Cultivating the Literary Arts
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: A Year to Remember – or forget..
- Book Launch: Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson
- Damian Barr, Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations: Anuradha Roy
- Creative Activism: 20th Anniversary of Scotland’s Repeal of Section 28
- Cambridge Literary Festival – Winter Festival Online
- Big Book Week Scotland Quiz 2020
- P.M. Freestone at Creative Conversations
- Book Week Scotland 2020
- Real Bread Bakers – Screening and Discussion
- Book Week Scotland 2020: Glasgow Libraries
- Creative Conversations: Sandy NicDhòmhnaill Jones