Robin Lloyd-Jones ‘A life in books’ Helensburgh Library
Wednesday 29th May, 2019 7 p.m.
An Evening with local author… Robin Lloyd-Jones
A life in Books’ at the Helensburgh Library
Since June 2018 a group of friends have gathered once a week in the Helensburgh Library to encourage and support each other in their writing. It is not a club so has no membership as such. It also means there are no rules or regulations beyond what is common understanding and empathy. Each of the writers favours a particular genre and learn from each other. Writers are encouraged to bring along drafts, ideas for discussion and positive critiquing. This often leads to a more in-depth discussion of what is good writing and how work can be improved. Support and encouragement is strengthened by the regular production of booklets. In collaboration with the library six monthly meetings have been arranged when the public are invited to spend time with a local author who will chat about their life and work.
The first author is Robin Lloyd-Jones.
Helensburgh Library 51 W King St, Helensburgh G84 8EB
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- Fury by David Morley – Carcanet Press Online Book Launch
- The History of Scottish Pen – Online
- Creative Conversations: Jemma Neville
- Creative Conversations: Nicholson Baker
- Creative Conversations: Andrew O’Hagan
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Kayus Bankole & Kei Miller: Edinburgh Book Festival
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Online
- Glasgow Women’s Library Bold Types Writing Competition
- A Very Quiet Street – exploring Glasgow’s history with Zoe Strachan and Louise Welsh
- Edinburgh Book Festival: Richard Holloway
- Celebrating Ten Years of Woodlands Community Garden
- Hannah Lavery, Govanhill Book Festival
- Edinburgh Book Festival – Kirstin Innes: Who is Clio Campbell?
- Edinburgh Book Festival James Tait Black Prizes
- Stuart Cosgrove, Govanhill Book Festival
- Denise Mina, Govanhill Book Festival 2020