Novelist Sarah Moss Creative Conversations
Monday 21 January 2019, 1 p.m.
Free & Open to the Public
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Sarah Moss writes on the history and literature of food and travel. She co-edits, with Nicola Humble, the Food series at Manchester University Press, and has a BA, M.St. and DPhil from Oxford University. Cold Earth (2009) was her debut novel, followed by Night Waking (2011), both published by Granta. Names for the Sea: Strangers in Iceland, which deals with her experience of spending a year in Iceland just after the country’s economic collapse and during the eruption of Eyjafjallajökull, was published by Granta in 2012 and was shortlisted for the Royal Society of Literature’s 2013 Ondaatje Prize. Bodies of Light, a novel, was published by Granta in 2014 and was shortlisted for the Wellcome Book Prize 2015. Signs for Lost Children, a continuation of the story of Bodies of Light, was published by Granta in July 2015 and was shortlisted for The Wellcome Book Prize 2016. Her novel, The Tidal Zone, was published by Granta in July 2016 and was shortlisted for The Wellcome Book Prize 2017.
Her new novel, Ghost Wall, was published by Granta in October 2018.
As part of the on-going Creative Conversation speaker series writer Sarah Moss comes to campus to chat about her writing. Bring your lunch and burning questions!
Sponsored by the Ferguson Bequest and programmed by Creative Writing at University of Glasgow.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Review – The Way Home by Robin Scott-Elliot
- Raw Poetry at Scottish Writers Centre
- The Rhynie Station: Grunnit Spring by Ian R. Mitchell
- Bloody Scotland 2022 McIlvanney Prize Long List
- Pitch Perfect at Bloody Scotland 2022
- Glasgow Literary Lounge at the Scotia Bar
- Scottish Writers: The Glass Cat by George Colkitto – Book Launch
- Book launch: ‘Meantime’ by Frankie Boyle
- The Glasgow Effect: Online Talk with Ellie Harrison
- The Feeling Sonnets – Carcanet Book Launch
- Scottish Writers Centre: Playwriting Workshop
- Sma’ Shot Day 2022
- The Voyage Out: The Travel Writing Workshop with Linda Jackson
- Stories of Our Worlds – Refugee Festival 2022
- Scottish Writers: Bloomsday Celebration with Christie Williamson
- Film + Q&A: Zev Robinson’s “Feeding the City”
- The Wanderlust Women – three poems
- Book Launch: This Script by Jenny Lindsay
- Creative Conversations: Michael Pederson