Night at the Museum, The Hunterian, 27 November, 2015
Exploration and Inspiring Scots
To celebrate St Andrew’s Day, The Hunterian at the University of Glasgow will host a special Night at the Museum event on Friday 27 November from 7.00pm – 10.00pm.
Inspired by The Hunterian collections, this exciting free social evening focuses on ‘Exploration’ and ‘Inspiring Scots’ connected to The Hunterian and the University of Glasgow. The Hunterian is Scotland’s oldest public museum and its collections are rich in items of great Scottish cultural significance.
Visitors will have the opportunity to see The Hunterian’s world class displays at night, set against a backdrop of film and image projections, live Scottish music performances, heritage items not normally on display, refreshments and a pop-up shop.
Themes for the night include ‘Antarctic Exploration’ with a recreation of the famous piper and penguin image from the Scottish National Antarctic Expedition to the frozen continent, ‘Exploring our Past’ which showcases the work of inspiring Scots including political reformer Thomas Muir and pioneering medical missionary David Livingstone, and ‘Exploring Art and Music’ which includes a live music programme, interactive activities and digital trail.
Night at the Museum has received support as part of the Scotland’s Winter Festivals programme of events.
Join us for this spectacular showcase of ‘Exploration’ and ‘Inspiring Scots’, set against the stunning background of The Hunterian collections.
Night at the Museum: Exploration and Inspiring Scots
Friday 27 November 2015
7.00pm – 10.00pm
Admission free – booking required
The Hunterian Museum
Gilbert Scott Building
University of Glasgow
G12 8QQ Glasgow
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Makar to Makar, Jackie Kay with Imtiaz Dharker and Suzanne Bonnar
- Life is too short online readings and recorded performances
- Historic Significance of Ellisland Farm, Centre for Robert Burns
- Create & Connect Showcase. Glasgow Women’s Library
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown
- Creative Conversations Zoom Event Will Harris
- A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A DANCING ANIMAL poem by Brian Whittingham
- Creative Conversations – Dean Atta Virtual Format Monday 20 April, 2020
- Future Stories – Scottish Book Trust
- ‘the lactic acid in the calves of your despair’ poetry collection by Ali Whitelock