Motherhood Loss and Legacy, National Library of Scotland, Kelvin Hall
Tuesday 13 November, 2018 with Jan Bee Brown
3 p.m. – 5 p.m. No need to book – just drop in.
Join artist and storyteller Jan Bee Brown for an afternoon exploring experiences of women during the time of the First World War, through stories, songs, and textiles. Discover some of the personal stories from the National Library of Scotland’s archives, and hear more about the ‘Motherhood and Loss’ project, taking place across the UK this year. From Falkirk to Gretna, from Leith to Liverpool, Jan has helped communities tell the stories of their local heroes and heroines and how they helped Scotland play its part in the First World War.
Bring your own stories, photographs, and family memories to share.
Kelvin Hall 1445 Argyle Street, Glasgow G3 8AW
Further events ‘Remembering the Great War at Kelvin Hall‘
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Fessen/Reared New Poetry Collection by Lesley Benzie, Book Launch
- Poetry Slam – Open to All – The Tron
- Dardishi Festival at CCA
- The IASSIDD Exhibition ProjectAbility
- International Women’s Day – #EachforEqual: What Difference Does a Decade Make?
- Roots Festival – An Evening with Wullie, George and Friends
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party
- Evening of Stories and Songs with Kirstin Innes and Outi Smith
- Aye Write 2020: Memoirs and Confessions – Justified Sinners Speakeasy
- Books at the Botanics
- Creative Conversations: Niall O’Gallagher
- It’s Time To Talk About Mental Health – Part Two
- Aye Write:Claudia Hammond, The Art of Rest
- Aye Write: Andrew Greig and Chris Agee
- Paisley Book Festival: Jenny’s Well Press presents: Writers and Rebellion
- Aye Write: Stewart Ennis and Okechuwu Nzelu
- Rootsy Rammy
- The Muse at the Playhouse with Linda Jaxson
- More Than Words – Poetry Night with Imogen Stirling
- Lin Anderson at Weegie Wednesday