Love Words at GOMA, Thursday 13th February, Federation of Writers Scotland
Thursday 13th February – 2:00pm until 6:30pm
GOMA Library, Royal Exchange Square, Glasgow G1 3AH
Love Words is an event organised by the Federation of Writers (Scotland) and which takes place in GoMA Library in Royal Exchange Square on Thursday 13th February from 2-6:30. The event is an open mic drop-in event, so no-one is expected to stay for the whole time unless they want to.
Whether you are in love, have lost love, found new love or would love to find love this is the event for you. Valentine rhymes, terse verse and postman’s entreaties all have a place alongside sonnets and villanelles.
A variety of poems and stories will be themed under the broad umbrella of Love, to include myths, folklore, contemporary and period pieces.
There will also be the chance to buy locally produced anthologies, especially the New Voices publications, as well as picking up membership forms and material explaining the aims and intents of the Federation.
The GoMA Library has an excellent Cafe which is open during the event and permission has been granted for your cafe purchases to be consumed in the performance area.
Guaranteed to be a busy session so please book your slot early. Anyone interested in participating should contact Anne Clarke
This is a public space, so readers are asked to prepare material which will suit a mixed audience.
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Book Festival – Govanhill International Festival 2021
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Govanhill International Festival 2021
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Bloody Scotland – Crime Debut of the Year 2021
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Three Lockdown Poets at Avant Garde
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.