Love Words at GOMA, Thursday 13th February, Federation of Writers Scotland
Thursday 13th February – 2:00pm until 6:30pm
GOMA Library, Royal Exchange Square, Glasgow G1 3AH
Love Words is an event organised by the Federation of Writers (Scotland) and which takes place in GoMA Library in Royal Exchange Square on Thursday 13th February from 2-6:30. The event is an open mic drop-in event, so no-one is expected to stay for the whole time unless they want to.
Whether you are in love, have lost love, found new love or would love to find love this is the event for you. Valentine rhymes, terse verse and postman’s entreaties all have a place alongside sonnets and villanelles.
A variety of poems and stories will be themed under the broad umbrella of Love, to include myths, folklore, contemporary and period pieces.
There will also be the chance to buy locally produced anthologies, especially the New Voices publications, as well as picking up membership forms and material explaining the aims and intents of the Federation.
The GoMA Library has an excellent Cafe which is open during the event and permission has been granted for your cafe purchases to be consumed in the performance area.
Guaranteed to be a busy session so please book your slot early. Anyone interested in participating should contact Anne Clarke
This is a public space, so readers are asked to prepare material which will suit a mixed audience.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Valentine's Day in Glasgow 2014
- International Women’s Day – #EachforEqual: What Difference Does a Decade Make?
- Roots Festival – An Evening with Wullie, George and Friends
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party
- Evening of Stories and Songs with Kirstin Innes and Outi Smith
- Aye Write 2020: Memoirs and Confessions – Justified Sinners Speakeasy
- Books at the Botanics
- Creative Conversations: Niall O’Gallagher
- It’s Time To Talk About Mental Health – Part Two
- Aye Write:Claudia Hammond, The Art of Rest
- Aye Write: Andrew Greig and Chris Agee
- Paisley Book Festival: Jenny’s Well Press presents: Writers and Rebellion
- Aye Write: Stewart Ennis and Okechuwu Nzelu
- Rootsy Rammy
- The Muse at the Playhouse with Linda Jaxson
- More Than Words – Poetry Night with Imogen Stirling
- Lin Anderson at Weegie Wednesday
- Campire Club Rousing Rebels, Paisley
- Paisley Book Festival: Opening Night: Radical Renfrewshire
- What’s This Script with Jenny Lindsay, Paisley Book Festival
- Poets in the Library – Paisley Book Festival