Love Words at GOMA, Thursday 13th February, Federation of Writers Scotland
Thursday 13th February – 2:00pm until 6:30pm
GOMA Library, Royal Exchange Square, Glasgow G1 3AH
Love Words is an event organised by the Federation of Writers (Scotland) and which takes place in GoMA Library in Royal Exchange Square on Thursday 13th February from 2-6:30. The event is an open mic drop-in event, so no-one is expected to stay for the whole time unless they want to.
Whether you are in love, have lost love, found new love or would love to find love this is the event for you. Valentine rhymes, terse verse and postman’s entreaties all have a place alongside sonnets and villanelles.
A variety of poems and stories will be themed under the broad umbrella of Love, to include myths, folklore, contemporary and period pieces.
There will also be the chance to buy locally produced anthologies, especially the New Voices publications, as well as picking up membership forms and material explaining the aims and intents of the Federation.
The GoMA Library has an excellent Cafe which is open during the event and permission has been granted for your cafe purchases to be consumed in the performance area.
Guaranteed to be a busy session so please book your slot early. Anyone interested in participating should contact Anne Clarke
This is a public space, so readers are asked to prepare material which will suit a mixed audience.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Valentine's Day in Glasgow 2014
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Mary Irvine: Book Week Scotland 2029 – Events in West Dunbartonshire
- Nina Allan Speculative Fiction Writer – Creative Conversations
- Then And Now & What Could Be: Housing Rights & Solidarity CCA
- Libre / To the Four Winds Alliance Francaise Glasgow
- The Siren Awakes Book Launch – Linda Jackson review by Pat Byrne
- Publishing Scotland: Book Week Scotland 2019
- Book Week Scotland 2019
- Write Lines with In Motion Theatre. Book Week Scotland 2019
- Ghost Signs of Glasgow, Glasgow City Heritage Trust
- Words and Music: The Sound of Young Scotland
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Night of Scripts, Music and Song
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- Adura Onashile: Artist and Playwright, Creative Conversations
- Short Story Collection with Adam McNelis, Glasgow Literary Lounge
- Webinair: How to talk to children about Climate Change