La Lanterna West End review by Pat Byrne
I’ve been planning to go along to La Lanterna at Kelvinbridge since it opened in September, 2017. I eventually made it last night, when Margaret and I went along with Val for a belated celebration for her birthday.
The restaurant looks very appealing from the outside and the interior is equally bright and attractive, we all want the pearly grey wooden floors for our houses. The staff were very welcoming and Megan gave us a choice as where we wanted to sit.
We met Val right after work so after studying the different menus we opted for the pre-theatre choice – a deal at £14.95 for two courses or £16.95 for three courses. We had the two courses with extra side dishes to share. We all went for the sea bass, which was exceptional and just melted in your mouth. I loved the topping of tiny, juicy and deliciously flavoured tomatoes. The presentation was perfect.
Val had crispy fried whitebait served with garlic aioli to start – a generous portion, so we all had a taste. Margaret chose Nutella & White Chocolate Torte with Vanilla Ice Cream for her sweet and I had Tiramasu in Tazza, served in a deep cup.
Everything was delicious and the atmosphere was perfect with staff, Lorenzo from Tuscany, Umberto from Sardinia and, of course, the lovely Glaswegian Megan, providing a very friendly, efficient and unobtrusive service.
Little surprise La Lanterna West’s picking up awards including Bookatable’s Best Scottish Restaurant 2017.
Must go back soon and sample the Maccheroni or Handmade Gnocchi with Homemade Pesto from the a la carte menu.
Pat Byrne, April, 2018
La Lanterna West End
447 Great Western Road
T: 0141 334 0686
This section: Eating and drinking Glasgow West End, Italian Restaurants
- Feeding the City – screening and panel discussion
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Local Food at COP26 – Open Meeting
- Bungalow Cafe: Lunch Menu
- The Lansdowne Weekend Deal – review Pat Byrne
- Woodlands Community Pop Up Cafe on the Terrace
- The Lansdowne – Mother India West End
- Bungalow Cafe at Mother India, Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Mother India, Mother India’s Cafe, Dining In and The Lansdowne
- Al Fresco Dining Glasgow West End
- Mother India Menu Sitting In The Den
- Three Course February Menu – Eusebi
- Mother India Festive Season Takeaway Menus
- World Food Day 2020 – Propogate Scotland
- Cottiers – Book a Table
- Glasgow West End Restaurants – Eat Out to Help Out
- Tchai Ovna House of Tea Takeaway
- Mother India – Glasgow
- Kothel Crow Road – boxes of daily selected fruit and veg
- Celebrating Women – Fundraiser at Eusebi