World Disco Soup, CCA, Glasgow
Saturday 28 April, 2018
5:30pm, Free but ticketed, Cinema
A new year has arrived and guess what? We’re back!
The World Disco Soup is a gastronomic, musical and artistic experience which aims to unite people against food waste across the planet.
Last year there were more than 100 Disco Soups around the world, one of which was organised by Slow Food Youth Network Scotland in Glasgow. This year we will again be holding this unique, global event in Scotland’s largest city and invite you to join us to fill bellies instead of bins!
The event will start with some inspiring short films which will take you on a journey to better appreciate where our food comes from and how different people are exploring more sustainable ways to produce it.
After the films, we’ll head to a secret location where lots of good, tasty food – arising from food surplus – will be cooked for the pleasure of your palate. Of course, this is a Disco Soup, so there’s no food without music!
Why are we doing this? Because, while parts of the world population suffer from hunger, one-third of the food intended for human consumption is being thrown away every year. We all care about this huge problem and it’s time we give it the attention it deserves.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
- Book Launch: The Pharmacist by Rachelle Atalla
- Hairspray, Beatson Gin and Sing
- Glasgow South Side Wellbeing Fair
- Vinicombe Street Party 2022
- Modren Makars Launch Event
- Active Travel for Whiteinch & Scotstoun
- Mansfield Park Street Festival
- Glasgow Mela 2022
- Aye Write: Karen Campbell and Nataliya Deleva
- Glasgow West End – Summer Events 2022
- Alma Wolfson – ‘A Painter’s Passion’
- Outi and Nico at Tchai Ovna
- Performers at Glasgow Jazz Festival 2022
- Book Launch: This Script by Jenny Lindsay
- Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Grease The Musical at Websters Theatre Glasgow West End
- Bend It Like Bertie at Websters
- Wake Up Punk at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cabaret – 50th Anniversary at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wild Men at Glasgow Film Theatre