World Disco Soup, CCA, Glasgow
Saturday 28 April, 2018
5:30pm, Free but ticketed, Cinema
A new year has arrived and guess what? We’re back!
The World Disco Soup is a gastronomic, musical and artistic experience which aims to unite people against food waste across the planet.
Last year there were more than 100 Disco Soups around the world, one of which was organised by Slow Food Youth Network Scotland in Glasgow. This year we will again be holding this unique, global event in Scotland’s largest city and invite you to join us to fill bellies instead of bins!
The event will start with some inspiring short films which will take you on a journey to better appreciate where our food comes from and how different people are exploring more sustainable ways to produce it.
After the films, we’ll head to a secret location where lots of good, tasty food – arising from food surplus – will be cooked for the pleasure of your palate. Of course, this is a Disco Soup, so there’s no food without music!
Why are we doing this? Because, while parts of the world population suffer from hunger, one-third of the food intended for human consumption is being thrown away every year. We all care about this huge problem and it’s time we give it the attention it deserves.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
- National Theatre Live Events GFT
- Cottiers: At Home Bottle Shop and Takeaway
- Singing with Beth, Live on Facebook
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Kothel Crow Road – boxes of daily selected fruit and veg
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Ian R. Mitchell – Some Images From Glasgow’s Past
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- Woodlands Community – Free Zoom Meditation and Discussion
- Mother India Cafe – Takeaway and Uber Eats
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online