World Disco Soup, CCA, Glasgow
Saturday 28 April, 2018
5:30pm, Free but ticketed, Cinema
A new year has arrived and guess what? We’re back!
The World Disco Soup is a gastronomic, musical and artistic experience which aims to unite people against food waste across the planet.
Last year there were more than 100 Disco Soups around the world, one of which was organised by Slow Food Youth Network Scotland in Glasgow. This year we will again be holding this unique, global event in Scotland’s largest city and invite you to join us to fill bellies instead of bins!
The event will start with some inspiring short films which will take you on a journey to better appreciate where our food comes from and how different people are exploring more sustainable ways to produce it.
After the films, we’ll head to a secret location where lots of good, tasty food – arising from food surplus – will be cooked for the pleasure of your palate. Of course, this is a Disco Soup, so there’s no food without music!
Why are we doing this? Because, while parts of the world population suffer from hunger, one-third of the food intended for human consumption is being thrown away every year. We all care about this huge problem and it’s time we give it the attention it deserves.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
- Celebrate Your Story – Workshop with Samina Chaudry
- Mother India Cafe & Open for Takeaway and Uber Eats
- The Everything Thing by Jim McAteer – Single Launch
- Aye Write 2021 – Pre-Festival Event
- Woodlands Climate Action 2021 Coffee Chats – COP26 and Local Climate Action
- Mongrel: Donna Campbell debut poetry collection
- World Book Night with Denise Mina
- Beats – GFT At Home
- Song Without A Name online at GFT
- Days of the Bagnold Summer
- Carlton Sessions
- A WORKING CLASS STATE OF MIND by Colin Burnett
- Femspectives Film Festival 2021 announces full programme
- Minari at GFF21 – review by Pat Byrne
- Launch of The Ship Yard Project
- Wee Nature Fest – Islands of Abandonment
- Sheena Blackhall – Meet the Author
- Slow Nature – Woodlands Community Booklet Launch
- Open The Door Festival 2021 – Scottsh Women’s Writing
- A Year of Workers’ Stories