Kathleen Jamie, Literary Lunchtimes, Bar Gandolfi, Wednesday 26 November, 2014.
Wednesday, 26 November 1 p.m.
Bar Gandolfi, 64 Albion Street, Merchant City, Glasgow.
‘I was raised in Currie, Midlothian, the child of an ordinary, non-literary Scottish background. Writing poetry was an odd thing to do. I don’t know why it began, but it was secretive and liberating and real.’
Please arrive early to ensure a seat.
The previous two series of “Literary Lunchtimes” proved a resounding success, with an average of 50 staff, students and general public gathering in this very convivial setting for poetry and prose, lunch, drinks, chat and craic.
The last autumn lunchtime will see readings by Christine de Luca (the Edinburgh Makar) and Robert Alan Jamieson on 10 December.
The series is sponsored by the School of Humanities, University of Strathclyde.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Helen McClory: Short Story Writer and Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Sonnet Youth #31 Old Hairdressers
- Launch of Glasgow Historical City
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Petticoats and Pinnacles, NLS Kelvinhall
- Dove Tales: Home Front Celtic Connections 2020
- Jolly Beggars Banquet Cheeky Besom Productions
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Benny Lynch Heritage Trail, Calton Bar
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Periodical Publishing with Gerry Cambridge, Joy Hendry & Henry Bell
- Val McDermid Crime Writer – Creative Conversations
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids
- Books at the Botanics, Christmas 2019
- Are We In A Book – book launch The Dram
- I Am A Rohinga Creative Conversations
- Karen Campbell: Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Christmas Shopping at Thistle Books Glasgow West End