The Hobsbaum Memorial Workshops, Glasgow
A major new literary initiative aimed at younger or new writers in Glasgow and environs.
Christopher Agee, Keith Wright Literary Fellow at the University of Strathclyde, has already established the very popular Literary Lunchtimes at Cafe Gadolfi and is now set on launching the Hobsbaum Memorial Workshops. These will be modelled on Philip Hobsbaum’s groups, which met in Belfast and Glasgow in the sixties and seventies and nurtured such talent as Seamus Heaney, Bernard MacLaverty, Liz Lochhead, Alasdair Gray, Tom Leonard and James Kelman.
The Hobsbaum Memorial Workshops will be run in association with Strathclyde University and will meet weekly in central Glasgow from April, 2014. . Places are limited to ten writers in any creative literary genre.
Applications are open to writers from across Glasgow; anyone interested should submit a sample of work and a “brief statement of aspiration” by email or post to Mr Agee at the School of Humanities at Strathclyde University by March 28.
Christopher Agee, Keith Wright Literary Fellow,
School of Humanities,
16 Richmond Street, Glasgow G1 1XQ
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Scottish Writers Showcase 2 Creative Conversations
- Scottish Writers Creative Conversation Showcase
- Researching Scotland’s Mountain Women: National Library of Scotland
- Sonnet Youth Social Club #2
- Book Launch: New Shoots Old Roots (2)
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- “Monsters, Process and Mayhem” T.L. Huchu in conversation with Chikodili Emelumadu
- Payback Claire MacLeary
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Creative Pollination: Exploration and Creative Writing Woodlands Community
- ‘Doors tae Naewye’ poetry by Christie Williamson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- A Celebration of Birds: Sharing stories, memories and hope
- Makar to Makar, Jackie Kay with Imtiaz Dharker and Suzanne Bonnar
- Life is too short online readings and recorded performances