Book Launch: Handle with Care and other stories by Ann MacLaren
Thursday 14th February, 2019 at 7.30 pm.
Waterstones Byres Road, 351-355 Byres Rd, Glasgow G12 8AU
Thursday 21st February, 2019 at 6pm.
Hillhead Library, Byres Road, 348 Byres Rd, Glasgow G12 8AP
Rose wants a baby, but she’s too old. Adam’s musical career is on the line. Newly widowed Evie wonders if it’s time to move on. Twelve-year-old Lizzie has to deal with her father’s heart attack. Mariella can’t stop worrying. Archie is hoping to make a success of his third marriage. And Sammy has to cope with a bad case of indigestion. Each of the principal characters in this collection has a problem or predicament to which there isn’t always an easy solution. If there is a solution…
Disquieting, humorous and thought-provoking, these character-driven stories show the often extraordinary and unexpected ways in which their protagonists deal with the fragile moments in their lives. Readers who enjoy sympathetic and insightful short stories about human nature, as well as entertaining slices of daily life, will enjoy this book.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- In Focus: 16 Years: Gigs in Scotland 1974 – 1990 Online Book Launch
- Creative Conversations: Homi K Bhabha
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- Fury by David Morley – Carcanet Press Online Book Launch
- The History of Scottish Pen – Online
- Creative Conversations: Jemma Neville
- Creative Conversations: Nicholson Baker
- Creative Conversations: Andrew O’Hagan
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Kayus Bankole & Kei Miller: Edinburgh Book Festival
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Online
- Glasgow Women’s Library Bold Types Writing Competition
- A Very Quiet Street – exploring Glasgow’s history with Zoe Strachan and Louise Welsh
- Edinburgh Book Festival: Richard Holloway
- Celebrating Ten Years of Woodlands Community Garden
- Hannah Lavery, Govanhill Book Festival
- Edinburgh Book Festival – Kirstin Innes: Who is Clio Campbell?
- Edinburgh Book Festival James Tait Black Prizes