Book Launch: Handle with Care and other stories by Ann MacLaren
Thursday 14th February, 2019 at 7.30 pm.
Waterstones Byres Road, 351-355 Byres Rd, Glasgow G12 8AU
Thursday 21st February, 2019 at 6pm.
Hillhead Library, Byres Road, 348 Byres Rd, Glasgow G12 8AP
Rose wants a baby, but she’s too old. Adam’s musical career is on the line. Newly widowed Evie wonders if it’s time to move on. Twelve-year-old Lizzie has to deal with her father’s heart attack. Mariella can’t stop worrying. Archie is hoping to make a success of his third marriage. And Sammy has to cope with a bad case of indigestion. Each of the principal characters in this collection has a problem or predicament to which there isn’t always an easy solution. If there is a solution…
Disquieting, humorous and thought-provoking, these character-driven stories show the often extraordinary and unexpected ways in which their protagonists deal with the fragile moments in their lives. Readers who enjoy sympathetic and insightful short stories about human nature, as well as entertaining slices of daily life, will enjoy this book.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Dardishi Festival at CCA
- The IASSIDD Exhibition ProjectAbility
- International Women’s Day – #EachforEqual: What Difference Does a Decade Make?
- Roots Festival – An Evening with Wullie, George and Friends
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party
- Evening of Stories and Songs with Kirstin Innes and Outi Smith
- Aye Write 2020: Memoirs and Confessions – Justified Sinners Speakeasy
- Books at the Botanics
- Creative Conversations: Niall O’Gallagher
- It’s Time To Talk About Mental Health – Part Two
- Aye Write:Claudia Hammond, The Art of Rest
- Aye Write: Andrew Greig and Chris Agee
- Paisley Book Festival: Jenny’s Well Press presents: Writers and Rebellion
- Aye Write: Stewart Ennis and Okechuwu Nzelu
- Rootsy Rammy
- The Muse at the Playhouse with Linda Jaxson
- More Than Words – Poetry Night with Imogen Stirling
- Lin Anderson at Weegie Wednesday
- Campire Club Rousing Rebels, Paisley
- Paisley Book Festival: Opening Night: Radical Renfrewshire