Good to Go Scheme, Zero Waste Scotland
Ask for your doggie bag when dining out in Scotland.
The Good to Go scheme is being run by Zero Waste Scotland with the backing of the Scottish Government. Launched to tackle ‘plate waste’ from restaurants and to change the culture around leftovers – making it normal to take food home after a meal.
‘Food waste is a major issue, which costs the Scottish hospitality industry an estimated £64 million a year. Our research estimates that around 53,500 tonnes of food is wasted from Scottish restaurants each year, and that two-thirds of this could have been avoided. 34% of this good food is estimated to be ‘plate waste’ – food left over at the end of the meal. The Good to Go pilot showed that if restaurants across Scotland routinely offered doggy bags to customers, it could save the equivalent of 800,000 full meals going in the bin every year.
Providing take-home boxes, or ‘doggy bags’ is a simple way to reduce this waste, whilst also offering customers an enhanced service by enabling them to take uneaten food home to enjoy later. Our research has shown that while customers overwhelmingly want to be offered ‘doggy bags’, two fifths (42%) are currently too embarrassed to ask for one.’
So don’t be embarrassed and don’t waste food.
This section: Eating and drinking Glasgow West End
Filed under: Eating and drinking Glasgow West End
- Mother India Christmas Menu 2021
- Mother India at Home Christmas Menu 2021 – Pre-order
- Mother India at Christmas – Set Menus
- Mother India – Christmas Menu 2021 Set Menus
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Christmas Jazz and Tea, Tchai Ovna
- Feeding the City – screening and panel discussion
- Local Food at COP26 – Open Meeting
- Bungalow Cafe: Lunch Menu
- The Lansdowne Weekend Deal – review Pat Byrne
- Woodlands Community Pop Up Cafe on the Terrace
- The Lansdowne – Mother India West End
- Bungalow Cafe at Mother India, Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Mother India, Mother India’s Cafe, Dining In and The Lansdowne
- Al Fresco Dining Glasgow West End
- Mother India Menu Sitting In The Den
- Three Course February Menu – Eusebi
- Mother India Festive Season Takeaway Menus
- World Food Day 2020 – Propogate Scotland
- Cottiers – Book a Table