Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
: Monday 21 October 2019 – 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
Free & Open to the Public
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Abir Mukherjee is the Times bestselling author of the Sam Wyndham series of crime novels set in Raj era India. His debut, ‘A Rising Man’, won the CWA Endeavour Dagger for best historical crime novel of 2017 and was shortlisted for the MWA Edgar for best novel. His second novel, ‘A Necessary Evil’, won the Wilbur Smith Award for Adventure Writing and was a Zoe Ball Book Club pick. His third novel, ‘Smoke and Ashes’, was chosen by the Sunday Times as one of the 100 Best Crime & Thriller Novels since 1945. Abir grew up in Scotland and now lives in London with his wife and two sons.
As part of the on-going Creative Conversation speaker series, award-winning crime novelist Abir Mukherjee comes to campus to chat about his writing. Bring your lunch and burning questions!
Sponsored by the Ferguson Bequest and programmed by Creative Writing at University of Glasgow
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Cheeky Besom Productions – ‘Artists With Attitude’ Presents Linda Jackson
- Fessen/Reared New Poetry Collection by Lesley Benzie, Book Launch
- Poetry Slam – Open to All – The Tron
- Dardishi Festival at CCA
- The IASSIDD Exhibition ProjectAbility
- International Women’s Day – #EachforEqual: What Difference Does a Decade Make?
- Roots Festival – An Evening with Wullie, George and Friends
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party
- Evening of Stories and Songs with Kirstin Innes and Outi Smith
- Aye Write 2020: Memoirs and Confessions – Justified Sinners Speakeasy
- Books at the Botanics
- Creative Conversations: Niall O’Gallagher
- It’s Time To Talk About Mental Health – Part Two
- Aye Write:Claudia Hammond, The Art of Rest
- Aye Write: Andrew Greig and Chris Agee
- Paisley Book Festival: Jenny’s Well Press presents: Writers and Rebellion
- Aye Write: Stewart Ennis and Okechuwu Nzelu
- Rootsy Rammy
- The Muse at the Playhouse with Linda Jaxson
- More Than Words – Poetry Night with Imogen Stirling