Christmas Shopping: Books for Syria, Waterstones, Byres Road
Buy Books for Syria at Waterstones
Waterstones, Byres Road have a fabulous range of books in stock – great gifts for all the family.
Watch out for the sticker on a selected range of Books for Syria – for each book purchased 100% of sales goes to Oxfam towards their Books for Syria Campaign.
Waterstones are aiming to raise one million pounds for Oxfam’s Syria crisis appeal.
Many Authors Are Supporting The Campaign
Philip Pullman, Hilary Mantel, David Walliams, Neil Gaiman, David Nicholls, Marian Keyes, Victoria Hislop, Ali Smith, Robert Harris, Lee Child, Salman Rushdie, Caitlin Moran, Julia Donaldson and Jacqueline Wilson. You can find the full list of books in the campaign here.
“This is the biggest refugee crisis in history – 60m people, world-wide, are displaced, half of them children – threatening both the stability of the Middle East and Europe, and our own sense of compassion, and the value we put on human life. Whilst the governments of this world still fail to come up with a solution to this problem, I am proud to do as millions of others have, and say ‘We see you, we hear you, we will not let you suffer this alone. We promise – help is coming’.” – Caitlin Moran
“I’m delighted to be a part of the British book world’s effort.” – Salman Rushdie
“I support this initiative with heart, mind and soul” – Ali Smith
“Buy a book, help save a life” – Ian Rankin
Waterstones, 351-355 Byres Road, Glasgow, G12 8AU
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Christmas Shopping in Glasgow, Shopping
- Fessen/Reared New Poetry Collection by Lesley Benzie, Book Launch
- Poetry Slam – Open to All – The Tron
- Dardishi Festival at CCA
- The IASSIDD Exhibition ProjectAbility
- International Women’s Day – #EachforEqual: What Difference Does a Decade Make?
- Roots Festival – An Evening with Wullie, George and Friends
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party
- Evening of Stories and Songs with Kirstin Innes and Outi Smith
- Aye Write 2020: Memoirs and Confessions – Justified Sinners Speakeasy
- Books at the Botanics
- Creative Conversations: Niall O’Gallagher
- It’s Time To Talk About Mental Health – Part Two
- Aye Write:Claudia Hammond, The Art of Rest
- Aye Write: Andrew Greig and Chris Agee
- Paisley Book Festival: Jenny’s Well Press presents: Writers and Rebellion
- Aye Write: Stewart Ennis and Okechuwu Nzelu
- Rootsy Rammy
- The Muse at the Playhouse with Linda Jaxson
- More Than Words – Poetry Night with Imogen Stirling
- Lin Anderson at Weegie Wednesday