Christmas Shopping: Books for Syria, Waterstones, Byres Road
Buy Books for Syria at Waterstones
Waterstones, Byres Road have a fabulous range of books in stock – great gifts for all the family.
Watch out for the sticker on a selected range of Books for Syria – for each book purchased 100% of sales goes to Oxfam towards their Books for Syria Campaign.
Waterstones are aiming to raise one million pounds for Oxfam’s Syria crisis appeal.
Many Authors Are Supporting The Campaign
Philip Pullman, Hilary Mantel, David Walliams, Neil Gaiman, David Nicholls, Marian Keyes, Victoria Hislop, Ali Smith, Robert Harris, Lee Child, Salman Rushdie, Caitlin Moran, Julia Donaldson and Jacqueline Wilson. You can find the full list of books in the campaign here.
“This is the biggest refugee crisis in history – 60m people, world-wide, are displaced, half of them children – threatening both the stability of the Middle East and Europe, and our own sense of compassion, and the value we put on human life. Whilst the governments of this world still fail to come up with a solution to this problem, I am proud to do as millions of others have, and say ‘We see you, we hear you, we will not let you suffer this alone. We promise – help is coming’.” – Caitlin Moran
“I’m delighted to be a part of the British book world’s effort.” – Salman Rushdie
“I support this initiative with heart, mind and soul” – Ali Smith
“Buy a book, help save a life” – Ian Rankin
Waterstones, 351-355 Byres Road, Glasgow, G12 8AU
- Glasgow Open House Arts Festival 2021
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Mika & Me Eyewear Glasgow
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Book Festival – Govanhill International Festival 2021
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Govanhill International Festival 2021
- Anniesland Butchers
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Bloody Scotland – Crime Debut of the Year 2021
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove