Celebrate Your Story – Workshop with Samina Chaudry
Tuesday 4 May, 2021 2 p.m. –4.30 p.m.
As part of this year’s Your Stories writing project, Scottish Book Trust is offering online workshops to help inspire you to write about Celebration.
Join Samina Chaudry, Next Chapter award winner, for a free online writing workshop on the theme of Celebration. Samina will be using her own story as part of the workshop, offering some different approaches you can take to get started with your own piece.
So if you have an idea for a story but aren’t quite sure where to start, come along and get inspired!
This workshop is part of Scottish Book Trust’s Your Stories project, which aims to get people all over Scotland writing true, personal stories. Every entry received will be featured on their website and a collection of favourites will be published in a free book, distributed across the country during Book Week Scotland 2021 (15-21 November).
This workshop will be hosted via Zoom. You will receive joining instructions via email prior to the workshop.
• Places are limited so please book in advance
• This workshop is for over 18’s only.
Samina Chaudhry was born in Manchester and completed her Master’s degree in Pakistan. Samina is currently working on a novel, Half-Woman, which is inspired by her experience of growing up in different places and the juxtaposition of different societies. Samina’s short stories have been published in various Literary Magazines, Anthologies including Ten Writers Telling Lies and Tales From A Cancelled Country. Samina has performed her work at a number of festivals including the Linlithgow Book Festival, Glasgow’s West End Festival, Booked Festival and Aye Write!.
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- Local Food at COP26 – Open Meeting
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- It’s Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Women’s Work, Nature and the Colonies – Climate Change Screenings
- Clydeside Creative Cafe – Out and About in Clydebank
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Eye of the Storm film by Anthony Baxter
- Book Festival – Govanhill International Festival 2021
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson