Call for submissions: Commonwealth Voices: Glasgow 2014
Commonwealth Voices: Glasgow 2014
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS:
FICTION; CREATIVE NON-FICTION; ESSAYS; POETRY; FLASH FICTION; DRAMA
Commonwealth Voices: Glasgow 2014 is an exciting chance to have your work broadcast on Glasgow University’s SubCity Radio. As Glasgow prepares for the Commonwealth games to be held here, I am looking for work inspired by the notion of Commonwealth Voices: Glasgow 2014.
There are no eligibility criteria except that work must be previously unpublished. I am looking for as diverse a range of writing as possible. If you have something to say, inspired by the idea of the Commonwealth or of Glasgow, I would love to hear from you. I’d especially like to hear from people from Commonwealth countries. Commonwealth Voices: Glasgow 2014 is looking for:
• Short stories, up to 3000 words.
• Creative non-fiction up to 3000 words
• Essays up to 3000 words
• Poetry up to three poems, max 30 lines in total
• Flash fiction/non-fiction up to 800 words
• Micro fiction/non-fiction up to 300 words.
• Short plays and dialogues up to 2000 words.
This is partly a collaborative project with Glasgow University’s creative writing journal, From Glasgow to Saturn. If you are a student, member of staff or alumnus of Glasgow University your work can also be considered for the Commonwealth Voices: Glasgow 2014 edition of From Glasgow to Saturn to be published in May 2014. http://glasgowtosaturn.com
DEADLINE: MONDAY 24 MARCH 2014.
We aim to respond by mid April and to broadcast late April / early May.
Please submit your work as an attachment with a cover note giving the name of the work, its genre, word count, your name and a biography of up to 300 words. Please also state if you would like to read the work yourself for radio (this can be done remotely) or for an actor to read your work. If you are eligible to have your work considered for From Glasgow To Saturn please make this clear.
Please submit to email@example.com
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: A New Kid On The Block
- Calton Ceilidh Open Mic 14 December, 2021
- Scottish Writers Christmas Speakeasy 2021
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Interview with Evelyn Lawrie
- Book launch: Like A Tree Walking by Vahni Capildeo
- Community Ownership – Assets or Liabilities Online Discussion
- Creative Conversations: Apphia Campbell
- Book Launch: Wild Women Of A Certain Age, Magi Gibson
- Poetry and the Climate Crisis: Scotland and India
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- GWL – Walking Tour with Denise Mina
- Book Week Scotland: Writing Trumpet with Jackie Kay
- Book Week Scotland – Built Upon the Rock SWC
- COP26: A Radical Act of Love, Arborescence
- Calton Ceilidh anthology by Ruby McCann
- COP26: Towards Net Zero – speakers and discussion
- Climate Emergency Newsroom, University of Glasgow
- Samantha Walton Creative Conversations