Burns Week with Vagabond Voices, 29January, 2015
29 January | CCA Glasgow | An Evening of Film, Music & Words
This Burn’s Week the Vagabond invites you to a special evening of film, music and words, featuring VV authors alongside a selection of Scotland’s finest artists and performers.
Iain Rankin said it: “Chris Dolan knows crime – Potter’s Field is very good indeed.”
And now Dolan’s crime debut has inspired a short film, created by Mick Morton, starring Stephanie Wood and featuring music by the author.
The film’s premiere will be followed by music and spoken word performances in the spirit of the Bard’s big week, performed by special guests soon to be announced.
Also appearing will be fellow Vagabond author Lewis Gordon, reading from Sheep and Goats, named an “excellent wee debut novel” by James Robertson.
7PM, 29 JANUARY, CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Burns Night Glasgow 2015
- Helen McClory: Short Story Writer and Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Sonnet Youth #31 Old Hairdressers
- Launch of Glasgow Historical City
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Petticoats and Pinnacles, NLS Kelvinhall
- Dove Tales: Home Front Celtic Connections 2020
- Jolly Beggars Banquet Cheeky Besom Productions
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Benny Lynch Heritage Trail, Calton Bar
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Periodical Publishing with Gerry Cambridge, Joy Hendry & Henry Bell
- Val McDermid Crime Writer – Creative Conversations
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids
- Books at the Botanics, Christmas 2019
- Are We In A Book – book launch The Dram
- I Am A Rohinga Creative Conversations
- Karen Campbell: Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Christmas Shopping at Thistle Books Glasgow West End