Burns Week with Vagabond Voices, 29January, 2015
29 January | CCA Glasgow | An Evening of Film, Music & Words
This Burn’s Week the Vagabond invites you to a special evening of film, music and words, featuring VV authors alongside a selection of Scotland’s finest artists and performers.
Iain Rankin said it: “Chris Dolan knows crime – Potter’s Field is very good indeed.”
And now Dolan’s crime debut has inspired a short film, created by Mick Morton, starring Stephanie Wood and featuring music by the author.
The film’s premiere will be followed by music and spoken word performances in the spirit of the Bard’s big week, performed by special guests soon to be announced.
Also appearing will be fellow Vagabond author Lewis Gordon, reading from Sheep and Goats, named an “excellent wee debut novel” by James Robertson.
7PM, 29 JANUARY, CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
- Cambridge Literary Festival – Winter Festival Online
- Big Book Week Scotland Quiz 2020
- P.M. Freestone at Creative Conversations
- Book Week Scotland 2020
- Real Bread Bakers – Screening and Discussion
- Book Week Scotland 2020: Glasgow Libraries
- Creative Conversations: Sandy NicDhòmhnaill Jones
- I Like Your Hat – book launch with Magi Gibson
- Scottish Writers Centre: Double Book Launch Leela Soma and Allan Martin
- Poetry, Reading and Discussion
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Queerness in 1980s Glasgow – Douglas Stuart
- Bloody Scotland: Michael Connelly and Ian Rankin
- New World, New Beginnings – Poetry Event Online
- Creative Conversations: Peter May
- Creative Conversations: Elizabeth Reeder
- Remembering Alasdair Gray / Paradise
- Landmarks: Hugh MacDiarmid’s Brownsbank
- ‘Everything Passes Everything Remains’ Chris Dolan, Book Launch
- The Wild West of Scotland