Burns Week with Vagabond Voices, 29January, 2015
29 January | CCA Glasgow | An Evening of Film, Music & Words
This Burn’s Week the Vagabond invites you to a special evening of film, music and words, featuring VV authors alongside a selection of Scotland’s finest artists and performers.
Iain Rankin said it: “Chris Dolan knows crime – Potter’s Field is very good indeed.”
And now Dolan’s crime debut has inspired a short film, created by Mick Morton, starring Stephanie Wood and featuring music by the author.
The film’s premiere will be followed by music and spoken word performances in the spirit of the Bard’s big week, performed by special guests soon to be announced.
Also appearing will be fellow Vagabond author Lewis Gordon, reading from Sheep and Goats, named an “excellent wee debut novel” by James Robertson.
7PM, 29 JANUARY, CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Book Festival – Govanhill International Festival 2021
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Govanhill International Festival 2021
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Bloody Scotland – Crime Debut of the Year 2021
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Three Lockdown Poets at Avant Garde
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.