Burns Week with Vagabond Voices, 29January, 2015
29 January | CCA Glasgow | An Evening of Film, Music & Words
This Burn’s Week the Vagabond invites you to a special evening of film, music and words, featuring VV authors alongside a selection of Scotland’s finest artists and performers.
Iain Rankin said it: “Chris Dolan knows crime – Potter’s Field is very good indeed.”
And now Dolan’s crime debut has inspired a short film, created by Mick Morton, starring Stephanie Wood and featuring music by the author.
The film’s premiere will be followed by music and spoken word performances in the spirit of the Bard’s big week, performed by special guests soon to be announced.
Also appearing will be fellow Vagabond author Lewis Gordon, reading from Sheep and Goats, named an “excellent wee debut novel” by James Robertson.
7PM, 29 JANUARY, CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Burns Night Glasgow 2015
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown
- Creative Conversations Zoom Event Will Harris
- A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A DANCING ANIMAL poem by Brian Whittingham
- Creative Conversations – Dean Atta Virtual Format Monday 20 April, 2020
- Future Stories – Scottish Book Trust
- ‘the lactic acid in the calves of your despair’ poetry collection by Ali Whitelock
- New Collection of Poems: Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson
- The Clearing: A memoir of art, family and mental health by Samantha Clark
- The Siren Awakes – memoir by Linda Jackson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis