Booked! West Dunbartonshire Festival of Words 2014 12th May – 31st May 2014
West Dunbartonshire Libraries and Cultural Services
Terry Lanagan, Executive Director of Educational Services.
West Dunbartonshire Festival of Words
12th – 31st May, 2014
This year’s festival aims to reflect the broader concerns of the country. There will be two events offerin different perspectives on World War One with Sir Hew Strachan focussing on the global impact of the war whilst Colin Campbell will examine the experiences of a Scottish battalion.
Issues around the up-coming referendum will be showcased by The Bus Party – writers and singers, who are touring Scotland, engaging with local communities and encouraging them to think about the society that they want to live in after the Referendum.
Alistair Moffat, the writer and broadcaster, will be delivering the Alastair Pearson Lecture.
Others appearing at the festival include: Bernard MacLaverty, James Oswald and Andrew Greig.
The programme will include two events for children featuring the sensational Badger the Mystical Mutt and the hilarious Jonathan Meres.
All our events are free. Tickets are essential and can be obtained from all branches of West Dunbartonshire Libraies.
Information on any aspect of Booked! can be obtained by telephoning:
Allan Gordon on 01389 608978.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Dardishi Festival at CCA
- The IASSIDD Exhibition ProjectAbility
- International Women’s Day – #EachforEqual: What Difference Does a Decade Make?
- Roots Festival – An Evening with Wullie, George and Friends
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party
- Evening of Stories and Songs with Kirstin Innes and Outi Smith
- Aye Write 2020: Memoirs and Confessions – Justified Sinners Speakeasy
- Books at the Botanics
- Creative Conversations: Niall O’Gallagher
- It’s Time To Talk About Mental Health – Part Two
- Aye Write:Claudia Hammond, The Art of Rest
- Aye Write: Andrew Greig and Chris Agee
- Paisley Book Festival: Jenny’s Well Press presents: Writers and Rebellion
- Aye Write: Stewart Ennis and Okechuwu Nzelu
- Rootsy Rammy
- The Muse at the Playhouse with Linda Jaxson
- More Than Words – Poetry Night with Imogen Stirling
- Lin Anderson at Weegie Wednesday
- Campire Club Rousing Rebels, Paisley
- Paisley Book Festival: Opening Night: Radical Renfrewshire