Book Launch: Welcome to the Heady Heights by David Ross
Wednesday 20 March, 2019
Welcome back David Ross with his fantastic new novel Welcome to the Heady Heights.
This event is free to attend but please register via link.
A hilarious, dark and heart-warming drama about the elusivity of stardom, in an age when `making it’ was `having it all’ …
`A real new talent on the Scottish literary scene’ Press and Journal
Welcome to the Heady Heights …
It’s the year punk rock was born, Concorde entered commercial service and a tiny Romanian gymnast changed the sport forever.
Archie Blunt is a man with big ideas. He just needs a break for them to be realised. In a bizarre brush with the light-entertainment business, Archie unwittingly saves the life of the UK’s top showbiz star, Hank `Heady’ Hendricks’, and now dreams of hitting the big-time as a Popular Music Impresario. Seizing the initiative, he creates a new singing group with five unruly working-class kids from Glasgow’s East End. Together, they make the finals of a televised Saturday-night talent show, and before they know it, fame and fortune beckon for Archie and The High Five. But there’s a complication; a trail of irate Glaswegian bookies, corrupt politicians and a determined Scottish WPC known as The Tank are all on his tail…
A hilarious and poignant nod to the elusivity of stardom, in an age when making it’ was `having it all’, Welcome to the Heady Heights is also a dark, laugh-out-loud comedy, a heart-warming tribute to a bygone age and a delicious drama about desperate men, connected by secrets and lies, by accidents of time and, most of all, the city they live in.Copy from WS event page
Waterstones Sauchiehall Street, 153 – 157 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3EW
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- New Patterns for Paisley, Paisley Book Festival
- What It Means To Overcome – Paisley Film Festival
- Paisley Book Festival – A Kist of Thistles
- The Burns Supper Addressed Burns Centre University of Glasgow
- Hannah Lavery Creative Conversations
- The World I Fell Out Of – Melanie Reid
- Vivian French and The Giant’s Tea Party
- Believe in Scotland Virtual Burns Supper
- A Virtual Burns Night Edinburgh Castle
- Paisley Book Festival 2021 – Online
- Creative Conversations: Oyinkan Braithwaite
- Multi-talented and Versatile – Laura Turnbull Fyfe
- Balloch Open Mic – Vale Lad ‘Done Good’ – again
- Balloch House Hotel Open Mic (in abeyance)
- Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson review of the launch by Pat Byrne
- Rymour Books: Cultivating the Literary Arts
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: A Year to Remember – or forget..
- Book Launch: Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson
- Damian Barr, Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations: Anuradha Roy