Frank Turner at Aye Write
18th Mar 2019 • 6:30PM – 8:00PM • Mitchell Library
Folk-punk icon Frank Turner discusses his new book
Songwriter Frank Turner discusses his new book Try this at Home.
In Try This at Home, folk-punk icon Frank Turner explores his song-writing process by taking apart 36 songs from his back catalogue.
Find out the stories behind the songs forged in the hedonistic years of the mid-2000s, the ones perfected in Nashville studios, and everything in between. Some of these songs arrive fully-formed, as if they’ve always been there, some take graft and endless reworking. In exploring them all, Turner reflects with eloquence, insight and self-deprecating wit on exactly what it is to be a song-writer.
Frank brings the book to life with a few songs on his guitar, and is in conversation with Ian Winwood, author of Smash!: Green Day, The Offspring, Bad Religion, NOFX, and the ’90s Punk Explosion.
Tickets: Ticket Price £25 (including a copy of the book), subsequent tickets can be purchased for £10 (no book).
0141 353 8000
The Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
This section: Aye Write Book Festival 2019, Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Fessen/Reared New Poetry Collection by Lesley Benzie, Book Launch
- Poetry Slam – Open to All – The Tron
- Dardishi Festival at CCA
- The IASSIDD Exhibition ProjectAbility
- International Women’s Day – #EachforEqual: What Difference Does a Decade Make?
- Roots Festival – An Evening with Wullie, George and Friends
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party
- Evening of Stories and Songs with Kirstin Innes and Outi Smith
- Aye Write 2020: Memoirs and Confessions – Justified Sinners Speakeasy
- Books at the Botanics
- Creative Conversations: Niall O’Gallagher
- It’s Time To Talk About Mental Health – Part Two
- Aye Write:Claudia Hammond, The Art of Rest
- Aye Write: Andrew Greig and Chris Agee
- Paisley Book Festival: Jenny’s Well Press presents: Writers and Rebellion
- Aye Write: Stewart Ennis and Okechuwu Nzelu
- Rootsy Rammy
- The Muse at the Playhouse with Linda Jaxson
- More Than Words – Poetry Night with Imogen Stirling
- Lin Anderson at Weegie Wednesday