Book Launch: Murder at the Mela, Leela Soma
Virtual Book Launch – Wednesday, 4 November, 2020 at 7 – 8.30 p.m.
Virtual launch of Leela Soma’s highly anticipated new novel, Murder at the Mela. Glasgow’s first Asian DI joins the ranks of great fictional Scottish detectives adding to highly popular Tartan Noir.
About Murder at the Mela
Alok Patel is thrown in at the deep end as newly promoted DI with his first investigation, when an Asian woman is brutally murdered at Glasgow’s Mela Festival. Facing prejudice from his work colleagues and suspicion from the Asian community, Patel struggles to balance the pressures of his rank, relationships, and racism.
Join Leela Soma in conversation with Zoe Strachan, Online.
Free – ticketed.
- Our Stories, Your Stories – Celebrating Memoirs
- The Making of Alasdair Gray’s Lanark
- Govanhill Children’s Book Festival
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Govanhill’s Got Talent
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Review – The Way Home by Robin Scott-Elliot
- Raw Poetry at Scottish Writers Centre
- The Rhynie Station: Grunnit Spring by Ian R. Mitchell
- Bloody Scotland 2022 McIlvanney Prize Long List
- Pitch Perfect at Bloody Scotland 2022
- Glasgow Literary Lounge at the Scotia Bar
- Scottish Writers: The Glass Cat by George Colkitto – Book Launch
- Book launch: ‘Meantime’ by Frankie Boyle
- The Glasgow Effect: Online Talk with Ellie Harrison
- MACFEST: Celebrating Diverse African Cultural Heritage
- The Feeling Sonnets – Carcanet Book Launch
- Scottish Writers Centre: Playwriting Workshop
- Sma’ Shot Day 2022
- The Voyage Out: The Travel Writing Workshop with Linda Jackson
- Stories of Our Worlds – Refugee Festival 2022