Book Launch: Murder at the Mela, Leela Soma
Virtual Book Launch – Wednesday, 4 November, 2020 at 7 – 8.30 p.m.
Virtual launch of Leela Soma’s highly anticipated new novel, Murder at the Mela. Glasgow’s first Asian DI joins the ranks of great fictional Scottish detectives adding to highly popular Tartan Noir.
About Murder at the Mela
Alok Patel is thrown in at the deep end as newly promoted DI with his first investigation, when an Asian woman is brutally murdered at Glasgow’s Mela Festival. Facing prejudice from his work colleagues and suspicion from the Asian community, Patel struggles to balance the pressures of his rank, relationships, and racism.
Join Leela Soma in conversation with Zoe Strachan, Online.
Free – ticketed.
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- Local Food at COP26 – Open Meeting
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- It’s Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Women’s Work, Nature and the Colonies – Climate Change Screenings
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Eye of the Storm film by Anthony Baxter
- Book Festival – Govanhill International Festival 2021
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Govanhill International Festival 2021