Book Launch: Murder at the Mela, Leela Soma
Virtual Book Launch – Wednesday, 4 November, 2020 at 7 – 8.30 p.m.
Virtual launch of Leela Soma’s highly anticipated new novel, Murder at the Mela. Glasgow’s first Asian DI joins the ranks of great fictional Scottish detectives adding to highly popular Tartan Noir.
About Murder at the Mela
Alok Patel is thrown in at the deep end as newly promoted DI with his first investigation, when an Asian woman is brutally murdered at Glasgow’s Mela Festival. Facing prejudice from his work colleagues and suspicion from the Asian community, Patel struggles to balance the pressures of his rank, relationships, and racism.
Join Leela Soma in conversation with Zoe Strachan, Online.
Free – ticketed.
- The Coming Back Out Ball – National Theatre of Scotland
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.
- Red Squirrel Press – Launch of Three Publications
- #StreamMyStory Children’s Online Events Summer 2021
- Women’s Library – In Conversation with Paria Goodarzi
- Bloody Scotland 2021 McIlvanney Prize Long List Announced
- The Owner of the Sea – Richard Price readings and discussion
- Bernard MacLaverty: Glasgow Writer
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Glasgow Writers: Theresa Talbot
- Glasgow School of Art Digital Showcase 2021
- Scottish Books Long Weekend
- Meet the Poet: Marcus Slease & Colin Herd
- Balloch Open Mic on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: David Robertson
- Aye Write on Demand 2021
- Refugee Festival Scotland 2021
- Riverside Festival Glasgow 2021 – Online
- Before Now – Memoir of a Toerag by Moira McPartlin