Creative Conversations: Daisy Lafarge
University of Glasgow
Monday 02 November 2020, 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
Daisy Lafarge in conversation with Sophie Collins
You will be sent the link to attend the meeting after you book.
Daisy Lafarge’s first poetry collection, Life Without Air, and a novel, Paul, are forthcoming from Granta Books. Her pamphlets include understudies for air (Sad Press, 2017) and capriccio (SPAM Press, 2019). She has received an Eric Gregory Award, a Betty Trask Award, and was runner-up in the 2018 Edwin Morgan Poetry Award. Daisy’s visual work has been exhibited in galleries such as Tate St Ives and Talbot Rice Gallery, and she is currently working on Lovebug – a book about infection and intimacy – at the University of Glasgow.
Creative Conversations is programmed by the University of Glasgow Creative Writing Programme and funded by the Ferguson Bequest. Professor Thomas Ferguson (1900-1977), Henry Mechan Chair of Public Health (1944-64), bequeathed his estate to the University, with the instruction that the money should be used to foster the social side of University life.
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Pat's Home Page Blog, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, Zoom and online events
- New Patterns for Paisley, Paisley Book Festival
- What It Means To Overcome – Paisley Film Festival
- Paisley Book Festival – A Kist of Thistles
- Film Festival Institut Francais
- How Does It Feel To Be Loved – Virtual Dance Party
- Interactive Map – Global Burns Suppers
- The Burns Supper Addressed Burns Centre University of Glasgow
- Hannah Lavery Creative Conversations
- Hand Made Guitars – Glasgow
- The Acoustic Night Special Nice ‘n’ Sleazy
- The World I Fell Out Of – Melanie Reid
- Vivian French and The Giant’s Tea Party
- COP26 Global Event In Glasgow – Seeks Volunteers
- Fright Fest Glasgow Film Festival Online 2021
- Believe in Scotland Virtual Burns Supper
- A Virtual Burns Night Edinburgh Castle
- Burns Celebration Online Tannahill Centre
- Janey Godley’s Big Burns Supper Online
- Paisley Book Festival 2021 – Online
- Swans and ducks on the Forth and Clyde Canal