Bob Law: Glasgow In Colour
Humans have decorated where they live since they inhabited caves and painted the walls and the roof above them with their fingers. Modern towns and cities are much the same today and can be very colourful places.
As a keen amateur photographer I like to try and capture that vibrant colour and it’s a good antidote in the winter months with weeks of rain and grey drab skies to head for a place that sparkles with artificial light.
With out-of -own shopping centers and retail parks you tend nowadays to shop more locally in your own district instead of heading for the City Centre on a Saturday.
Not working in the heart of the city anymore I’ve haven’t had a reason to go in at night for a couple of years and you forget how beautiful it is after dark.
Perfect for those early winter evenings when it’s nightfall but the shops are still open. Now that spring has arrived the daytime streets burst with splashes of primary colours as well.
It’s just a bigger, more sophisticated cave but we still paint it with our fingers to cheer us up.
This section: Bob Law: photographer, walker and writer
Filed under: Bob Law: photographer, walker and writer
- Bob Law’s Blog: Glamaig, Isle of Skye
- A Walk Around Edinburgh Castle
- Bob Law: The Beauty of Holyrood Park in Edinburgh
- The Beauty of Edinburgh in Spring
- Bob Law: The Other Ridge on Arran
- The Changing Face of Glasgow in 2022
- Bob Law’s Blog: Glasgow City Centre at Night
- Bob Law’s Blog: An Unusual Cross Country Ski Day in Glasgow
- Bob Law’s Blog: North Berwick to Gullane Walk – The Sunshine Coast
- Bob Law’s Blog: Old Kilpatrick. Lusset Glen to Bowling Walk
- Bob Law’s Blog: Walking and Photography Old Kilpatrick and Goldenhill
- Bob Law’s Blog: Evening Escapades
- Bob Law: Walks and Photography – Kilpatrick Hills balcony trails
- Bob Law’s Blog: Glennifer Braes Walks
- Bob Law: Gardens of Eden
- Bob Law: Walks and Photography – Scotland has some colourful birds
- Bob Law: Walks in Glasgow – Anniesland and Knightswood
- Bob Law’s Blog: Glasgow’s Quieter Parks
- Bob Law: North Pollok Walk, Glasgow
- Bob Law: Blog – Make The Most of Autumn in Glasgow