Bloody Scotland – Crime Debut of the Year 2021
Bloody Scotland International Crime Writing Festival are delighted to reveal the shortlist for Crime Debut of 2021.
The Silent Daughter by Emma Christie (Wellbeck)
No Harm Done by Alistair Liddle (Self Published)
Edge of the Grave by Robbie Morrison (Macmillan)
Waking the Tiger by Mark Wightman (Hobeck Books)
The winner will be judged by Janice Forysth from BBC Radio Scotland, Simon Lloyd from Waterstones and Kenny Tweeddale from sponsors, the Glencairn Glass. It is the second year that both awards have been sponsored by the Glencairn Glass – the world’s favourite whisky glass.
After a year in which all authors, but particularly debut authors, suffered from bookshops being closed and festivals being cancelled, Bloody Scotland are delighted to continue to celebrate the very best in debut crime fiction. Congratulations to all!
Three of the books on this year’s McIlvanney Prize longlist have made the shortlist for this year’s Bloody Scotland Scottish Crime Debut of the Year. The Silent Daughter by Emma Christie, Edge of the Grave by Robbie Morrison and Waking the Tiger by Mark Wightman.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Govanhill International Festival 2021
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Bloody Scotland – Crime Debut of the Year 2021
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Three Lockdown Poets at Avant Garde
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.
- Red Squirrel Press – Launch of Three Publications
- #StreamMyStory Children’s Online Events Summer 2021
- Women’s Library – In Conversation with Paria Goodarzi
- Bloody Scotland 2021 McIlvanney Prize Long List Announced
- The Owner of the Sea – Richard Price readings and discussion
- Bernard MacLaverty: Glasgow Writer
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Glasgow Writers: Theresa Talbot
- Scottish Books Long Weekend
- Meet the Poet: Marcus Slease & Colin Herd
- Balloch Open Mic on Zoom