Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
Walking and Writing Sessions – facilitated by Brian Whittingham
Thursday 29 July, 2021 at 10.30 a.m.
Meet at Lord Kelvin’s Statue in Kelvingrove Park.
Guided Walk exploring the social fabric of the park. Where you will join in the walk, talk, reading, writing and taking photographs. You will take paths less-travelled that will allow you to dispel self-imposed limitations.
Bring your own writing materials, dress for the weather..AND don’t forget your camera.
Brian Whittingham is the first Tannahill Makar. A Glaswegian with a German Mother, he was born in 1950 in Charing Cross, Glasgow. He left school aged 15 to work in the shipyards on the Clyde moving on to become a draughtsman. In his writing he draws upon his cultural heritage and his experience as a steelworker in both his poetry and prose. He performed his steel-working poems as part of the BBC’s ‘Ballad of the Big Ships Live’ in Glasgow’s Royal Concert Hall in 2007.
Brian’s writing has taken him further afield and held a writing fellowship at the Yaddo artist colony in New York state in 1994, and in 2008 received a Robert Louis Stevenson fellowship at Chevillon Grez in France. In 2011, he was visiting professor of creative writing at Seattle University, and he now lectures in creative writing in the further education sector in Glasgow.
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Classes and Workshops, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Pat's Home Page Blog, Walks, Walks in Glasgow, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- The Lansdowne Weekend Deal – review Pat Byrne
- Sundance Film Festival Tour London 2021
- GFT: As Tears Go By
- GFT: Nowhere Special
- GFT: The Surrogate
- GFT: Sisters with Transistors
- GFT: Girlfriends
- GFT: Riders of Justice
- GFT: Night of the Kings
- Arlington @150 – Arlington Baths Club Celebrating 150 Years
- Knightswood Living Rent Summer Social
- Woodlands Community Pop Up Cafe on the Terrace
- Wullie Davidson: Bus Pass Ramblings – Crail to Anstruther
- Glasgow – Open Air Bed Cinema Online
- Piping Live! – Glasgow, August, 2021
- Anniesland Butchers
- Fun Day – Doon the Watter at Glasgow Green
- The Lansdowne – Mother India West End
- Shoot Your Shot PRIDE
- West End in the West End at Websters