Aye Write presents Doddie Weir
Sunday, 24 March, 2019 1.15 p.m. – 2.15 p.m.
Glasgow Concert Hall, 2 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3NY
In a rugby career which had huge highs and shocking lows, Doddie Weir faced some of the greatest players in the game, from Jonny Wilkinson to Jonah Lomu, Brian O’Driscoll to Scott Quinnell and Martin Johnson to Joost van der Westhuizen, and set stadiums alight when “on the charge like a mad giraffe”. Now, at the age of 48, Doddie is facing an entirely different adversary: Motor Neurone Disease.
MY NAME’5 DODDIE is a courageous and hugely entertaining celebration of his remarkable life. He has faced up to his MND diagnosis with undaunted positivity, using his boundless energy to raise funds for MND research and support, with more than £1million already raised and committed in the first year.
Doddie will be in conversation with the sports journalist (and co-author of the book) Stewart Weir.
0141 353 8000
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- Talks, The Hunterian, Black History Month 2021
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Publishing Scotland Fiction Showcase
- Folk Wi’ The Patter – Shaun Moore
- Black History Month, Being A Black Woman in Society Today
- Denise Mina, Creative Conversations
- Nature Stories with Emily Dodd, The Children’s Wood
- Scottish Ensemble Common Sound at Cottiers
- Tanna Slamma Ding Dong, Tannahill Arts Festival
- The Children’s Wood – Nicola Davies with Readings and Screening
- Atlantic Slavery Glasgow ‘Hidden in Plain Sight’
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Dora Wright
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival