Aye Write presents Doddie Weir
Sunday, 24 March, 2019 1.15 p.m. – 2.15 p.m.
Glasgow Concert Hall, 2 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3NY
In a rugby career which had huge highs and shocking lows, Doddie Weir faced some of the greatest players in the game, from Jonny Wilkinson to Jonah Lomu, Brian O’Driscoll to Scott Quinnell and Martin Johnson to Joost van der Westhuizen, and set stadiums alight when “on the charge like a mad giraffe”. Now, at the age of 48, Doddie is facing an entirely different adversary: Motor Neurone Disease.
MY NAME’5 DODDIE is a courageous and hugely entertaining celebration of his remarkable life. He has faced up to his MND diagnosis with undaunted positivity, using his boundless energy to raise funds for MND research and support, with more than £1million already raised and committed in the first year.
Doddie will be in conversation with the sports journalist (and co-author of the book) Stewart Weir.
0141 353 8000
This section: Aye Write Book Festival 2019, Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Meet the Author, Angela Robb, Fruin Farm
- Joint Book Launch: Tracy Patrick and Fiona Lindsay
- Vincent Price: Master of Menace, Lover of Life + The Abominable Dr Phibes GFT
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Script to Stage Renfrewshire
- Memorial Evening for Janet Paisley CCA
- Bloody Scotland 2019
- Alexandria Writers Open Mic
- Theresa Talbot Creative Writing Workshop
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis Book Launch
- Creative Conversations Inaugural Event Autumn 2019
- The Big Meeting GFT
- The Muse at Avant Garde September 9th, 2019
- Place and Peace: three Scottish PEN writers at Scottish Writers Centre
- Postbox Launch of Issue 2
- Scottish Writers Showcase University of Glasgow 2019
- Streets of Glasgow with Peter Mortimer Glasgow Literary Lounge