Aye Write presents Doddie Weir
Sunday, 24 March, 2019 1.15 p.m. – 2.15 p.m.
Glasgow Concert Hall, 2 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3NY
In a rugby career which had huge highs and shocking lows, Doddie Weir faced some of the greatest players in the game, from Jonny Wilkinson to Jonah Lomu, Brian O’Driscoll to Scott Quinnell and Martin Johnson to Joost van der Westhuizen, and set stadiums alight when “on the charge like a mad giraffe”. Now, at the age of 48, Doddie is facing an entirely different adversary: Motor Neurone Disease.
MY NAME’5 DODDIE is a courageous and hugely entertaining celebration of his remarkable life. He has faced up to his MND diagnosis with undaunted positivity, using his boundless energy to raise funds for MND research and support, with more than £1million already raised and committed in the first year.
Doddie will be in conversation with the sports journalist (and co-author of the book) Stewart Weir.
0141 353 8000
This section: Aye Write Book Festival 2019, Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Sonnet Youth #31 Old Hairdressers
- Launch of Glasgow Historical City
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Petticoats and Pinnacles, NLS Kelvinhall
- Dove Tales: Home Front Celtic Connections 2020
- Jolly Beggars Banquet Cheeky Besom Productions
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Benny Lynch Heritage Trail, Calton Bar
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Periodical Publishing with Gerry Cambridge, Joy Hendry & Henry Bell
- Val McDermid Crime Writer – Creative Conversations
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids
- Books at the Botanics, Christmas 2019
- Are We In A Book – book launch The Dram
- I Am A Rohinga Creative Conversations
- Karen Campbell: Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Christmas Shopping at Thistle Books Glasgow West End
- The Great Hack Screening and Discussion CCA