Aye Write: Glasgow’s Book Festival, The Detectives: Serial Crime, 5th April, 2014
Watching The Detectives: Serial Crime
5 Apr 2014 • 1:30 P.M – 2:30 P.M • Mitchell Library
Three of the country’s finest crime writers discuss how to keep long running characters fresh.
How do you keep a long-running character fresh? How do you co-ordinate a story which overarches several separate volumes? Three of the country’s finest crime writers discuss the art of the recurring character: Denise Mina is the author of the Paddy Meehan and the Alex Morrow novels; Sophie Hannah is writing her ninth Waterhouse and Zailer thriller and the official new Poirot adventure, and Alex Gray’s eleventh Lorimer novel was published earlier this year.
Denise Mina was born in Glasgow in 1966 and studied Law at Glasgow University before writing her first trilogy of Garnethill Exile and Resolution. The Paddy Meehan books were then followed by the ongoing Alex Morrow series.
Sophie Hannah is an internationally bestselling writer of psychological crime fiction, published in 27 countries. Her Waterhouse series of novels have won international acclaim and two have been adapted for television.
Alex Gray has set all 11 of her DCI Lorimer books in her home city of Glasgow. She is the co-founder, along with Lin Anderson, of Bloody Scotland, the international crime writing festival in Stirling.
Tickets: £8 plus booking fee
Or buy tickets from our box office on 0141 353 8000
- James Robertson – Live Author Event
- Creative Writing with Marjorie Lofti Gill
- Scottish Writers Showcase 3 – Creative Conversations
- Scottish Writers Showcase 2 Creative Conversations
- Scottish Writers Creative Conversation Showcase
- Researching Scotland’s Mountain Women: National Library of Scotland
- Sonnet Youth Social Club #2
- Book Launch: New Shoots Old Roots (2)
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- “Monsters, Process and Mayhem” T.L. Huchu in conversation with Chikodili Emelumadu
- Payback Claire MacLeary
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Creative Pollination: Exploration and Creative Writing Woodlands Community
- ‘Doors tae Naewye’ poetry by Christie Williamson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom