Aye Write: Frank Quitely The Comics That Made Me
15th Mar 2019 • 6:00PM – 7:00PM • Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
The Comics That Made Me
Frank Quitely, legend in the world of comics, talks about the comics that have most inspired and entertained him throughout the years.
Quietly grew up in Rutherglen and studied at the Glasgow School of Art before launching the underground comics title Electric Soup in 1990. This brought his work to the attention of Judge Dredd Megazine editor David Bishop leading to work on many iconic titles.
He is perhaps best known for his frequent collaborations with Grant Morrison on titles such as New X-Men, We3, All-Star Superman, and Batman and Robin, as well as his work with Mark Millar on The Authority and Jupiter’s Legacy.
Chaired by Professor Laurence Grove.
0141 353 8000
Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, 2 Sauchiehall St, Glasgow G2 3NY
This section: Aye Write Book Festival 2019, Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Creative Conversations: Robert Alan Jamieson – Shetlandic Poet and Translator
- Sloot – it’s Oot!!! – Book Launch with Ian Macpherson
- Glasgow’s Welcome University of Glasgow
- Bearing Witness: the state of journalism and press freedom across the globe
- James McCune Smith Memorial Lecture Black History Month 2019 University of Glasgow
- Black Abolitionists in Scotland, Black History Month 2019
- PURGATORY Dante’s Divine Trilogy Part Two by Alasdair Gray
- Creative Conversations Sara Sheridan
- Professor J. Edward Chamberlin National Poetry Day University of Glasgow
- Poets Tony Walsh and Stephen James Smith at Cottiers
- LUX Scotland presents: where did we land Fi Dem 1 and 11