Aye Write Festival Glasgow 2014: Scotland and England: What’s the difference? 5th April
Scotland and England: What’s the difference?
5 Apr 2014 • 3:00 P.M – 4:00 P.M • Mitchell Library
Lesley Riddoch, Michael Fry and Rory Stewart discuss how distinct Scotland and England really are.
How distinct are Scotland and England? Are there genuine differences in political outlook, or deeper continuities? Is Glasgow more like Oslo than London? To debate these and other questions we are joined by broadcaster and community activist Lesley Riddoch; historian and convert to nationalism Michael Fry; Scottish-born MP for Carlisle, Cumbria and the Borders, and former governor of an Iraq province Rory Stewart.
Lesley Anne Riddoch is broadcaster and journalist working with BBC Radio and Televsion as well as Channel 4, The Sunday Herald, The Scotsman and The Guardian.
Michael Fry is a highly regarded author and journalist, and a regular contributor to many newspapers and journals, notably the Scotsman , the Herald and the Sunday Times. He is the author of eight books of Scottish history.
Rory Stewart MP or was a senior coalition official in a province of occupied Iraq in 2003–2004. He wrote about his experience there in The Prince of the Marshes He is involved in cultural development work in Afghanistan as the Executive Chairman of the Turquoise Mountain Foundation.
- Mitchell Library, North Street
- Glasgow G3 7DN
- Tel: 0141 287 2999
- Aye Write!
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Book Festival – Govanhill International Festival 2021
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Govanhill International Festival 2021
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Bloody Scotland – Crime Debut of the Year 2021
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Three Lockdown Poets at Avant Garde
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.