Aye Write Festival Glasgow 2014: Scotland and England: What’s the difference? 5th April
Scotland and England: What’s the difference?
5 Apr 2014 • 3:00 P.M – 4:00 P.M • Mitchell Library
Lesley Riddoch, Michael Fry and Rory Stewart discuss how distinct Scotland and England really are.
How distinct are Scotland and England? Are there genuine differences in political outlook, or deeper continuities? Is Glasgow more like Oslo than London? To debate these and other questions we are joined by broadcaster and community activist Lesley Riddoch; historian and convert to nationalism Michael Fry; Scottish-born MP for Carlisle, Cumbria and the Borders, and former governor of an Iraq province Rory Stewart.
Lesley Anne Riddoch is broadcaster and journalist working with BBC Radio and Televsion as well as Channel 4, The Sunday Herald, The Scotsman and The Guardian.
Michael Fry is a highly regarded author and journalist, and a regular contributor to many newspapers and journals, notably the Scotsman , the Herald and the Sunday Times. He is the author of eight books of Scottish history.
Rory Stewart MP or was a senior coalition official in a province of occupied Iraq in 2003–2004. He wrote about his experience there in The Prince of the Marshes He is involved in cultural development work in Afghanistan as the Executive Chairman of the Turquoise Mountain Foundation.
- Mitchell Library, North Street
- Glasgow G3 7DN
- Tel: 0141 287 2999
- Aye Write!
- Nina Allan Speculative Fiction Writer – Creative Conversations
- Then And Now & What Could Be: Housing Rights & Solidarity CCA
- Libre / To the Four Winds Alliance Francaise Glasgow
- The Siren Awakes Book Launch – Linda Jackson review by Pat Byrne
- Publishing Scotland: Book Week Scotland 2019
- Book Week Scotland 2019
- Write Lines with In Motion Theatre. Book Week Scotland 2019
- Ghost Signs of Glasgow, Glasgow City Heritage Trust
- Words and Music: The Sound of Young Scotland
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Night of Scripts, Music and Song
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- Adura Onashile: Artist and Playwright, Creative Conversations
- Short Story Collection with Adam McNelis, Glasgow Literary Lounge
- Webinair: How to talk to children about Climate Change
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’