Aye Write Festival 2014, Glasgow: Muriel Spark’s Finishing School for Writers, 5th April
Muriel Spark’s Finishing School for Writers
5 Apr 2014 • 3:00 P.M – 4:00 P.M • Mitchell Library
Meaghan Delahunt, Zoe Strachan and Alan Taylor reflect on the place of Creative Writing in Spark’s work
Muriel Spark was an editor and teacher of Creative Writing who knew the publishing industry inside out. To mark the 10th anniversary of the publication of her last novel, The Finishing School (2004), Meaghan Delahunt, Zoe Strachan and Alan Taylor reflect on the place of Creative Writing in Spark’s work. Chaired by Willy Maley.
Melbourne born Meaghan Delahunt’s debut novel, In the Blue House, won the Saltire Award for First Novel, and was longlisted for the Orange Prize and her second novel, The Red Book was shortlisted for the Saltire Book of the Year award for 2008.
Glasgow based Zoe Strachan’s first novel, Negative Space, was followed by Spin Cycle and Ever Fallen in Love she also write short stories, libretti, plays, essays and journalism. She also teaches on the Creative Writing Programme at the University of Glasgow.
Alan Taylor has presented and written many TV and radio programmes, is founding editor of The Scottish Review of Books and has written for countless newspapers and magazines from Life and Work to the New Yorker.
- Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow
- Glasgow G3 7DN
- Tel: 0141 287 2999
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Book Festival – Govanhill International Festival 2021
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Govanhill International Festival 2021
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Bloody Scotland – Crime Debut of the Year 2021
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Three Lockdown Poets at Avant Garde
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.