Aye Write Festival 2014, Glasgow: Muriel Spark’s Finishing School for Writers, 5th April
Muriel Spark’s Finishing School for Writers
5 Apr 2014 • 3:00 P.M – 4:00 P.M • Mitchell Library
Meaghan Delahunt, Zoe Strachan and Alan Taylor reflect on the place of Creative Writing in Spark’s work
Muriel Spark was an editor and teacher of Creative Writing who knew the publishing industry inside out. To mark the 10th anniversary of the publication of her last novel, The Finishing School (2004), Meaghan Delahunt, Zoe Strachan and Alan Taylor reflect on the place of Creative Writing in Spark’s work. Chaired by Willy Maley.
Melbourne born Meaghan Delahunt’s debut novel, In the Blue House, won the Saltire Award for First Novel, and was longlisted for the Orange Prize and her second novel, The Red Book was shortlisted for the Saltire Book of the Year award for 2008.
Glasgow based Zoe Strachan’s first novel, Negative Space, was followed by Spin Cycle and Ever Fallen in Love she also write short stories, libretti, plays, essays and journalism. She also teaches on the Creative Writing Programme at the University of Glasgow.
Alan Taylor has presented and written many TV and radio programmes, is founding editor of The Scottish Review of Books and has written for countless newspapers and magazines from Life and Work to the New Yorker.
- Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow
- Glasgow G3 7DN
- Tel: 0141 287 2999
- Email email@example.com
- Future Stories – Scottish Book Trust
- ‘the lactic acid in the calves of your despair’ poetry collection by Ali Whitelock
- New Collection of Poems: Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson
- The Clearing: A memoir of art, family and mental health by Samantha Clark
- The Siren Awakes – memoir by Linda Jackson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- ‘Doors tae Naewye’ poetry by Christie Williamson
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party Postponed
- Keeping Time novel by Thomas Legendre
- Much Left Unsaid by Finola Scott – poetry
- Freddy Anderson, Afternoon of Literature, Poetry and Song
- Women Writers: Maria Marchinadu, Tracy Patrick and Eloise Oui
- Neu Reekie at Aye Write
- Aye Write: Andrew Greig and Chris Agee
- Christie Williamson – Doors tae Naewye Launch at Express Yourself
- Remember Tom Leonard, CCA
- Ali Whitelock and Skye Loneragan – Scottish Writers Centre
- Aye Write: Ferlie Leed – The Rhymer on his Hoalidays
- Literary Legends Book Stall – International Women’s Week
- Books at the Botanics